Starting a build with my new LQ9

Bouch252

Some of you may know.... I blew my motor. It was just too weak to hold the D1. So I got another LQ9 with 30,000 miles on it. I'm gonna go N/A for now. Starting off slow since I need to save money to start building her back up. Just ordered s 228/228 .588 .588 112 from Texas speed, springs and rods. Volant CAI, TCI 2800 stall. Already had L/T headers, no cats, magnaflow dumped. 160* stat. Taylor wires. And 43lb injectors. This is just a start. I'll go bigger and badder mods down the road.

6a834a82a45066376f8b8525b502423a.jpg22fb23b0955ff6b9f0c79e3ae658427b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by 2tone06SS (see edit history)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer to hear. Was it at least fun until the end?

Everytime I drove her I had a blast!!

Wow, nice build. Can't wait to see the results

. Thanks. This will hold me over for a little bit until I'm gonna want more. Lol

Hey John. I must not be paying attention. I missed hearing that she'd blown up. Good to hear that she will live again, bigger and better. Best luck. Have fun with your build. :thumbsup:

:pop:

Thanks Johnny. Yeah. She went Sunday afternoon. I went out dale Earnhardt style. Lol. She should hopefully be done in June.

Hey John. I must not be paying attention. I missed hearing that she'd blown up. Good to hear that she will live again, bigger and better. Best luck. Have fun with your build. :thumbsup:

:pop:

Same here I didn't know. What's the plan with the engine? The stall is a little on the low side for the cam. It won't be horrible tho just won't be at its sweet spot.

Same here I didn't know. What's the plan with the engine? The stall is a little on the low side for the cam. It won't be horrible tho just won't be at its sweet spot.

I hear ya on the stall Jason. Got a great deal on it so just gonna run with that for now. Just doing these mods for the time being. It all happened so quick I gotta save up some $$$ for what I really want to do which is a 408. But this will get me by for now. It blows driving my beater cavalier around everyday. Lol

A 408 should flash that 2800 a bit higher anyway once its in. definitely not ideal for the 364 though with that cam like Jason said.

As long as it runs good for now... I'll be happy. The 408 probably won't happen atleast till winter time when she'll be sleeping.

Gl John. To bad the engine blew on ya. I'd love to build a Badass NA engine. If I could it would be a 427 for some reason I have a hard on for one lol. I'm rolling around a few ideas now just don't know which way I wanna go with it. The stall will be fine for now.