I'm kinda back

Cramer

Well I have been off the site for a while, and hopefully in the next month or so I will be done with my truck. I got into a project that totally has consumed my time and money as I let dust collect on the truck.

I picked up a Jr Dragster for my oldest son who is 8. Gave it to him for christmas, and since it was a roller I had free rein to do what I wanted to do to it. Nope! I found another complete car that I only had to change the body color, and go through the motor on it..... Nope. That snowballed into a full on build and customization to it. Then I needed a trailer to haul it. Got a deal on a used 20' Haulmark that needed a little tlc. That too went farther than I thought it would. Damn.... Now I have to have something that can tow it in the pits, and haul the family around the track with..... Found a cheap golf cart that needed a lot of lovin. I thought that I would just put a new top on it, cover the seats, and put a back seat on it after I got it running..... Nope. So after enough money that I could have invested in a twin turbo LSX, I have ALMOST completed this project. The wife put a stop on the spending since we just bought land to build our new house on. So that means the truck will be put back together with the parts I have for it already, and what I don't have everything for I will be selling. And here is the reason for it.

Before with the original car in the background, and the truck collecting dust.

th_20150218_160137.jpg

Some as it sits now. Everything was basically made by me or modified along with the chassis.

th_20150521_023426.jpg

th_20150521_023405.jpg

th_20150521_023119.jpg

th_20150521_023244.jpg

And the Tow Cart (Go BUCKS)

Before how it sat when I picked it up.

th_facebook_1426453106202.jpg

Now. Yes I made the diamond plate top, all the frame work, front bumper, and everything else.

th_8dc0c3a3-2468-4b6c-be7d-9779e4cb1791.

th_20150501_111854.jpg

th_20150501_111917.jpg

And some interior shots of the trailer.

th_20150409_113338.jpg

The trailer now has all the hold downs, diamond plate, and cabinets installed.

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)

I forgot to mention that for anyone wanting to get into jr's. It's a money pit! I could have easily bought a full size car that ran 10's with the amount of money I put into this.

Reading your intro paragraph had me laughing.

Reminded me of myself, but it seems its like that with many enthusiast.

Car is looking really sweet, some vids would be awesome.

I forgot to mention that for anyone wanting to get into jr's. It's a money pit! I could have easily bought a full size car that ran 10's with the amount of money I put into this.

Good to know. I would love for my kids in the future (dont have any quite yet) to get into Jr. Drags, but that might not be the best choice to spend money on. But we will see when that time comes.

Welcome back BTW

Not what I want to hear. My daughter is 5 now, so I better start saving as much as I can. Lol.

I thought I could get away by spending the bare minimum to get started. I could have just went with what we had, and did some paint work and motor rebuild. That would have saved a ton. You can find a good car ready to roll for around 4k. But if you don't have all the accessories then the price can quickly double.

Good to know. I would love for my kids in the future (dont have any quite yet) to get into Jr. Drags, but that might not be the best choice to spend money on. But we will see when that time comes.

Welcome back BTW

Everyone who I talked to that has or is in on jr's said that the time spent with the kids far outweighs the money spent on the sport. I hope the same goes with us.

Seeing his face on Christmas morning was a memory in itself. Then the new car was another memory. And when we started it for the first time his smile was from ear to ear in he helmet.