Any GM Tech's On Site?

JC03SS

Got a Question. Got a recall on my new Denali. ( Prop shaft U joint bolts out of index) can anyone shed some light on this? Doesn't sound like its a major problem. Any help is Appreciated.

I hadn't heard of this recall yet.. I just searched for and read the recall bulletin on Service Information. Basically, there is a possibility that the rear yoke strap bolts could back out.. the correction for the concern is for new yoke straps and strap bolts to be installed, the new bolts have thread sealant on them. Doesn't sound super major, but if you hear the rear propeller shaft starting to clunk, the bolts are backing out. Lol

Thanks Evan I Appreciate you finding that out for me. I will check them myself at lunch today and make sure there tight. Sounds like there may have been an issue or 2 so they had to cover there butt. Thanks again for your Help :)

So, to the OP, why not just take your Denali in & get this hardware replaced "on GM's dime"??

:dunno:

I do t trust any Chevy place with in 50 miles of where I live. Seeing how it's a simple cheap fix I'll just change them out with the Mickey Mouse u joint retainers that are on it. Moog makes some nice ones for like 15$. It would cost me more to take it to them and have to go pic it back up. Plus I trust myself a lot more than these Tech's down here.

Appreciate the Help fellas