l92 in ss?

jovanny

Just need a lingenfelter converter box, and new square port intake with your choice of fuel hookup/s. My truck had a l92 in it with the previous owner and is #9 on that front page list with a healthy shot of nitrous. Thats been 5+ yrs ago...

It would be easier just to get a nice set of square heads and intake and put it on the motor in the truck, same thing pretty much..

Edited by skolman91 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

i wanna drop it in cause it's a built motor and I have a tvs blower for it too , I'm gonna make a list of all the parts and I might go for It

Did anything come of this yet?? Gonna look at a 6.2 CTSV Engine this week. I don't know what parts I'll need yet but if I can get it for 4k like my buddy said I guess I'm gonna find out lol.

I have the same engine on stand by. You can swap out the reluctor wheel or buy the converter box for about $200-300. I had an l92 intake and sold it and currently have an l76 but I don't think it would work with our truck accessories. You'd also need a new TB and x link if you don't already have one. And I believe the knock sensors have to be extended or you gotta make a new location on the new block. And a tune.

I remember seeing the HP # s from these heads compared to an ls1 head and there were some good gains. And people were using big split cams for the heads. Idk if anyone's found a better rusult to date.

Everyone says the converter box isnt relible so I just changed out the sensor

I know when the first generation box came they had some issues, and some of the guys with f body's extended the wires and moved it inside the car, apparently heat was a problem for it.

I'd rather change the wheel also, how bad was it to do?

I had an l92 intake and sold it and currently have an l76 but I don't think it would work with our truck accessories

Isn't the L76 the 6.2 truck engine? I guess I don't know the engine code on my 2012 Silverado. It has the 6.2 in it and I thought it was a l76? If that is the case, the truck accessories should bolt right on and clear everything wouldn't it?