Headlight moisture. Possible to buy replacement gasket?

mctwist77

I bought some aftermarket headlights and parking lights off ebay. The headlights have been fine, no moisture but the parking lights keep getting moisture in them. The little rubber gasket between the bulb socket and the actual headlight seems worn. So whenever I put the socket in and twist, it's at best "snug" but not tight. My question is, is it possible to just buy the gasket or does anyone have any other fixes for this?

Your best bet is to take both head lights and bumper lights out, and run a small bead of silicon around the edges, and smooth it out. Any aftermarket light is going to fog, so its best to take precaution. I have had my headlights for a few months now, and I havn't had any trouble. But I did that the same day that I put them in too. Just let them dry out good, clean it with alcohol, and then do the silicon. You should be good.

Edited by jddmj (see edit history)

Thanks for the tips guys. It sucks the fake chrome plating on the inside of the headlight is flaking because of the moisture. Luckily the ebay store I bought them from has AWESOME customer service and they keep sending me new ones. I have a fresh pair I'm going to put in. My plan is to silicone the outside like you guys said then I was thinking of buying just a sheet of rubber and cutting some gaskets myself. How think do you think I should order the rubber sheet. I was thinking either 1/8 inch or 1/2 inch. Thoughts?

Yeah it sucks, damn cheap Chinese shit. So I bought a 12"x12" sheet of neoprene rubber, its 1/8" thick. I got it for $10. Im going to make new gaskets for the actual bulb sockets and silicone the outside of the housing. Hopefully this will solve the issue. I'll report back with my findings.