Loose Headlights ???

LoneSStar

so ,just installed new lights from rockauto and they dont fit real snug like the stock ones did..., i can tell they are loose while driving at night ,they flicker up and down with bumps in the road.... i was thinking maybe if i bought new headlight mounts,this would solve the problem... ???? anybody got some info??

much appreciated !!!!

so ,just installed new lights from rockauto and they dont fit real snug like the stock ones did..., i can tell they are loose while driving at night ,they flicker up and down with bumps in the road.... i was thinking maybe if i bought new headlight mounts,this would solve the problem... ???? anybody got some info??

much appreciated !!!!

If your old ones didn't shake around, the problem is the new lights don't fit well. I'd return them. I got a set of aftermarket lights off VIPMOTOZ and I'll say the quality is a little sketchy but they fit the mounts snug and don't move around. Only issue I found with them is once I put the HID's in, it because very obvious there's a foggy/smoky-looking film inside the housing like the plastic wasn't cleaned well before they assembled them. The taillights from the same brand are the same way. :(

Ive only had issues with the lower lights not snapping in tight to the plastic bracket.

I remember just sticking a hard piece of plastic in the gap for the clip on the light, and its held snug so far.

Same here; I dug around in the bolt bin until I found a thick screw I could jam into the clip to make the turn signals fit without falling out. Sucks but even the OEM ones were a little lacking in this area as well. Just not a good design. I kept trying to figure out a way to use a zip tie back there but nothing was really convenient enough to hook onto.

Richard