Need new tires, Looking for a street look

SSWhitechapel

Hello everyone I'm posting this thread in order to figure out which size tires i should buy to make my truck look more streetish (if that's even a word). Attached are two images. The first image is the look I'm going for and the other SS (with the doors open) is mine. I'm currently running 275/55/20 (stock) and now that my truck has a 3/4 inch drop i want more street look rather then stock. I'm currently looking at getting nitto nt555 because i like the way it gives vehicles the street look i'm going for. Thank you so much for the help.

http://www.nittotire.com/passenger-tires/nt555-summer-ultra-high-performance-tire/

Above is the link for the Nitto nt555 tires

post-26589-0-72909300-1445782635_thumb.jpg

post-26589-0-04730800-1445782646_thumb.jpg

Edited by SSWhitechapel (see edit history)

Unfortunately you'll never find anything in size 285 45 20. Thats what I wanted before I got my 22s. I think the nitto 420s 265 50 20 would be a nice size. I ended up ordering 275 45 20 and the sidewall was too small for my taste. The nitto 420s run a little wider so don't be scared of the 265 size.

Toyo Proxies FTW

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I like the Toyo Proxes but I don't think the original one is available anymore (the S/T) - pretty sure it's been discontinued. I've been buying the Proxes ST II since, and like them. Ran them on my '94 C2500LD, my LS1-swapped '97 Suburban, and now have them on the SS. I like them for several reasons, it's a sport truck market tire so it's XL load rated instead of a flimsy car style tire...has decent grip, and good tread life.

I'm planning on a 3/4 drop and chose 265/40/22 which is right about a 30" tire, a little shorter than the stock 275/55/20 which are around 32". Some felt the tire was too small but I still drive my trucks stupid once they're lowered and I hate rubbing.

Admittedly looks stupid right now with all that fender gap but a drop kit will be taking care of that soon enough.

06SS_040s.jpg

06SS_041s.jpg

A hint on picking sizes, I go to Tire Rack's website and pick a brand/model of tire that I think is likely to have a good variety in the larger diameters (20, 22, etc.) and then go to the specs list. You can see all the measurements for each size like the section width (important especially on a lowered truck since front fender lip clearance comes into play here - this is the "bulge" measurement at the sidewall when used on the recommended wheel width for that size), height of the tire, etc.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)