Popping from acceleration after trans replacement

Do you notice a similar noise shifting from forward to reverse with your foot hard on the brakes?

You could try jacking the rear tires off of the ground, transmission in park, parking brake off. Crawl under the truck where you can get a good view of front and rear U-joints, (not at the same time), and have a bud rotate one of the tires back and forth. That "might", or might not put enough force on the joints to show any slop in them.

Good luck, and let us know what you figure out.

No don't hear anything going from any gear to reverse the more I look at it the less I think it's the u joint ima put it on the lift sat and see if I can figure it out but I don't see it making the noise off the ground

No don't hear anything going from any gear to reverse the more I look at it the less I think it's the u joint ima put it on the lift sat and see if I can figure it out but I don't see it making the noise off the ground

Didn't mean that you would hear the noise with the wheels off the ground, just possibly see play in the joints.

Same thing was happening to my pickup a couple months ago.

I posted on here, and a lot of folks told me it was the transfer case chain.. I havent been able to fix it because my pickup has been in the shop for two months.

Just power break the truck and if it pops it's ur chain, to common of a problem. Good luck brother and an easy fix just get a case saver and install it while ur in there and make sure to replace any gaskets u can so u don't have the issue I did and had to pull it multiple times

eBay on both to be honest, super simple to replace if u have a little mechanical experience and tools. Just get the plate though and not the whole pump. Much easier to install and more than likely ur pump is in good working order. I'm sure there's a write up on it somewhere on here or online that will walk you through it all.