Lost tune???

VinceVega06

Is it possible to lose a tune if the battery is disconnected for a period of time? I had a transmission put in my truck and the had to disconnect the battery. After I got the truck back it just does not feel the same. Any feedback is appreciated.

Sounds to me like it just needs to do an adaptive idle relearn. I'd try unhooking the battery again for about 30 minutes, then hooking it back up. Start the engine, and bring it up to temp. and then shut it off. Start it back up and put it in drive until the fan cycles on and off (5 minutes or so), then turn it off again. Wait 5 seconds, then start it and let it run for another 5 minutes. Then shut it off, wait 5 seconds and start it again, and it should be good to go. A dead battery shouldn't do anything to the tune itself.

If you don't go through that procedure, it will even itself out after a while. It's just annoying with the idle surging and acting like the engine wants to stall out in the meantime. I'm not sure the extent of the affect it has on power under a load, but it may have something to do with that too. I'd try that and see if it helps. Best of luck.

Edited by levilz (see edit history)

Sounds to me like it just needs to do an adaptive idle relearn. I'd try unhooking the battery again for about 30 minutes, then hooking it back up. Start the engine, and bring it up to temp. and then shut it off. Start it back up and put it in drive until the fan cycles on and off (5 minutes or so), then turn it off again. Wait 5 seconds, then start it and let it run for another 5 minutes. Then shut it off, wait 5 seconds and start it again, and it should be good to go. A dead battery shouldn't do anything to the tune itself.

If you don't go through that procedure, it will even itself out after a while. It's just annoying with the idle surging and acting like the engine wants to stall out in the meantime. I'm not sure the extent of the affect it has on power under a load, but it may have something to do with that too. I'd try that and see if it helps. Best of luck.

Cool thanks. When I first started it the truck did surge. I'll try That. Thank you.