Aftermarket radio with Bose

jon316

Hi, I've searched this all day basically and have found plenty of info but nothing pertaining to my situation.

I have a 04 SSS with the Bose. Bought the adaptor harness from pac that's for everything. Wired everything in except swc sense current radio doesn't have them but ddin that's on the way will. Now the pac has two options on the box. Plug in to amplified systems and non amplified systems. Trying to figure sense it is Bose it has to go into the amplified system right? Well when I do I have to basically max out the radio to hear anything which sounds horrible. For now I put it on non amplified and seems to work ok, nothing great. Trying to see if that's the right connection to be in. Or should I just go ahead and bypass everything. I mean chime is working good and I would imagine swc will probably work well too. But I paid $90 for the thing was hoping to avoid headaches. Who knows it may work out great when double din comes in sense the pioneer it currently has is very old. But just trying to clarify things. 75b477bb7bd00eae38b58683e5a97b7d.jpg8cce6470fe493c8a90ffabf5897b167e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing some more trouble shooting. Amp plugs look well in tact and clean. It's under the cup holder im looking into. Has two wires pulled a bit, but they look to still be making contact. And also was taped up so removed some of the tape to find more tape.

ee28551deea045f446e8f3c9bd0819a8.jpg

dc16cbaee32dd1953dfd439ae1d57c8d.jpg

052c6df1fc7f8de3bbb356a78b9def35.jpg

f5b5b54e1f28f0c0f5056ad7ea4a770a.jpg

I read somewhere about another plug behind the radio that you use a regular harness kit and it completely bypasses the Bose without feeding wires up from under cup holders? Could I have plugged into that one?

Anyone? I've been searching non stop for this all day. I just don't understand how it works fine in the non amplified connections of the PAC. Starting to think it may have already been bypassed which if it was ill just say screw it and remove the amp and factory subs. But then later on down the road when I decide to upgrade speakers am I at the right ohms?! This is driving me crazy! Had a similar situation with a dodge and the infinity system but found a way to bypass it quite easily since the amps were at the speakers, retained factory speaker wiring but just deleted out the amp.

First are you sure that you have the right pac unit. I bought one years ago didn't look like what you bought. My truck did have on star and I had to send it back. Are you sure that you have on star?

Also you shouldn't have to connect anything under the console. I would do some looking on the site there has to be a right up. Or even YouTube.

Good luck. I would even try and call the company where you bought it from.

Yea I looked through that thread. I've been back and forth emailing pac. The only result I can think of is the amp is blown and it is bypassed, where the bypassing took place I have yet to determine. I also need to check the speakers and see what resistance they are getting. My double din is not in yet so I'll be tackling it then, I'll be focusing on my front diff this week. Boy what a pocket digger this thing is turning into haha, got rid of my cummins cuz of it. But hell there's no escaping it when it's a hobby!

Yea that's where I'll start. I have the wiring for the subs setup already and etc. I'm gonna put the double din on and dial it in without all the boom, hoping it sounds good enough to avoid spending more money on audio. If not then I guess WIRE EVERYTHING! Haha. But time is just real tough these days.

• 1 month later...

just a note, I have installed a blaupunkt 800. the PAC was from crutchfield. after the install which was a PITA i had to call to find out what I was doing wrong.

the 800 has a setting for different volumes for the different inputs. it came from the box default with middle setting for all.inputs.

fiddled with it a bit and now after 3 months of messing with it i finally have the settings where I like em. great unit, awsome sound and perfect navagation.

Call crutchfield the are awsome techs :thumbsup::pop::peelout: