Which 80e swap harness?

I would recommend going straight to an 80e segment swap if you can. I am not able to lock my converter up unless it is commanded with hp tuners on the laptop plugged in. Plus you won't need a harness. You only need to make a small 2 wire for the speed sensor. Very easy to do.

• 1 month later...

I would recommend going straight to an 80e segment swap if you can. I am not able to lock my converter up unless it is commanded with hp tuners on the laptop plugged in. Plus you won't need a harness. You only need to make a small 2 wire for the speed sensor. Very easy to do.

Please elaborate on what is needed to accomplish this. Looking to do the 80e swap into my AWD and trying to figure out the easiest route.

You'll need to find a compatible operating system for your truck from one that had an 80e. Then email both files to hptuners (if that's what software you run for tuning) and they will do it for you. Then you'll need to run the 2 wires to make the ISS. Pretty simple swap. My tuner wanted to try it with the 60e file and frost harness, my converter won't lock on its own which is why I recommend going straight to the 80e segment...which is what I'm about to have to go back and have done.

You'll need to find a compatible operating system for your truck from one that had an 80e. Then email both files to hptuners (if that's what software you run for tuning) and they will do it for you. Then you'll need to run the 2 wires to make the ISS. Pretty simple swap. My tuner wanted to try it with the 60e file and frost harness, my converter won't lock on its own which is why I recommend going straight to the 80e segment...which is what I'm about to have to go back and have done.

Did you get one of those tubular crossmembers off of the guy on PT.net?

I really considered it and if my truck were 2wd I probably would have. I was just nervous about the extra weight of the transfer case hanging out over it, and if it would be too much. Probably would be fine, but was just worried about it lol. They look very nice though imo.

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty sure you can do this yourself with HPTuners now. I don't think emailing them the files is required anymore.

You still need a harness with the segment swap. The 4L60E and 4L80E connectors on the transmission are pinned differently so you need to modify the harness to match. You can either by the conversion harness or repin a few connectors. Real easy to repin, took me about 10 minutes on my harness.