Help with clone build

ss_clone907

Hello, this is my first post. I am looking at getting a single cab short bed silverado and turning it into a clone. I was just wondering if any of you guys know how much it might cost.

I really don't know any thing about trucks but I know that I want a clone, and if i get to a stoplight and someone wants to race I want to be able to win!

post-27862-0-18145600-1450834875_thumb.png

It kind of hard to put a price on it, it really depends on how far you want to go with it. Do you have a truck to begin with?

I do not yet. I guess really small details are not necessary, and I can do them later. My main focus is making it look like a clone, with a good engine, and transmission.

Well if you just want to do the exterior a complete cladding kit can run you anywhere from $1000 to $1500 and that's not including front or rear bumpers.

That truck in the picture doesn't really have anything SS on it its just a stock truck with painted mirrors, grill, door handles and bumpers.

As has been said, its a pretty open ended question. How deep down the rabbit hole do you want to go? Will a '99 2wd rc/sb with 250k miles on the 4.8, with SS cladding hung on it work for you? Does it need to be a rust free low mile '06 with LQ9/AWD with mods? I guess I'd start with finding a truck to build off of, and start crunching numbers. I can't see it coming in under $5k for a modest build, and shooting past $10k for something more righteous. Being in Alaska will make it more of a challenge. At about the $7-8k mark, I'd just start looking for a higher mile SS to work with rather than the clone route, would be cheaper and worth more in the end.

As has been said, its a pretty open ended question. How deep down the rabbit hole do you want to go? Will a '99 2wd rc/sb with 250k miles on the 4.8, with SS cladding hung on it work for you? Does it need to be a rust free low mile '06 with LQ9/AWD with mods? I guess I'd start with finding a truck to build off of, and start crunching numbers. I can't see it coming in under $5k for a modest build, and shooting past $10k for something more righteous. Being in Alaska will make it more of a challenge. At about the $7-8k mark, I'd just start looking for a higher mile SS to work with rather than the clone route, would be cheaper and worth more in the end.

Yeah a lot of people have told m to just buy an ss. Up here there is quite a few, and I want something that stands out that no one else has. Also I havent found an ss for sale that has been cheaper than $16,000 and I cant work with that.