Tailgate Cap Removal

Normandy

I know for emblems there's a lot of people using fishing line but I don't think that will work for that maybe use a plastic putty knife and work it from one side to the other you need something that won't cause damage to the tailgate cap or paint not anything metal try and save the cap there's always people looking for them here put some money in your pocket at the same time good luck.

I know for emblems there's a lot of people using fishing line but I don't think that will work for that maybe use a plastic putty knife and work it from one side to the other you need something that won't cause damage to the tailgate cap or paint not anything metal try and save the cap there's always people looking for them here put some money in your pocket at the same time good luck.

Thanks, When I do manage to get in on I'll share some pictures.

Its held on with 3m taped. Best bet is to heat it up a little. Plastic tools would help as well. Your going to have to get another cap, like a stock Silverado one. It sits low and will cover the holes that will be exposed!

Edited by NoMoreSS (see edit history)

Hey all,

So I bought a tonneau cover and I found that I have to remove the factory tailgate cap. I don't see any screws so I presume its glued on. What is the best way to remove it?

Thanks

If you use a metal putty knife, make sure to cover it thick with black electrical tape. This will help prevent scratching your finish.

The GMC Sierra Denali trucks around 05-06 had a silver birch tailgate cap option. It's pricey but It might be a good alternative. 15129010

The standard black textured cap was 15932261

Great, thank you!