Another cruise control outage

*yes I've searched topics, just need an opinion* After a year of having a closet full of fat mat I finally started installing it this week. After doing the driver door the cruise control quit working. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or if I've managed to do something dumb in the process. I replaced the brake light switch yesterday and still no cruise. It does the nice flicker on and off after 20 pushes of the button. I just ordered an entire steering column for the salvage yard so the blinker switch is next (needed parts anyways after a recent attempt to steal my truck plus it's just 50 dollars). Any other suggestions? Wires leading to the brake switch do not appear to be melted like these trucks love to do. Thanks in advance!

I just did a quick google on this. Most info I found talks about brake lights not working being a common cause. Brake light switch is a common culprit too, but you've already changed that. Faulty turn signal lever, (More likely internal mechanism inside the column).

One guy said that disconnecting his battery to reset everything worked for him.

Here's my search if you want to do some reading. Good luck. Let us know what you figure out.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cruise+control+not+working+2003+Silverado&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8