Dash Not Working

Whats up fellas?

Recently I bought some speakers for my truck, long story short I had my brother hooking everything up, pulling shit here and there.

Now both his and my truck are having issues with the dash not working.

He initially took his amp off to test my speakers, when he later found out was to small for the one 12" sub, and burning the fuse to the radio.

He did try to piggy back off that fuse for the "remote wire", and eventually blew the fuse.

After replacing the fuse with one from his truck my radio started working again, and we decided to not hook everything up until we had the right size amp.

BUT ever since then, ive had a lot of issues, my ABS light comes on, and starts warning me to check my brake system, then the dash wont come on at times, I had a light bar that sometimes wont come on either.

And most of all, my truck striggles to turn on sometimes, I eventually just keep the key cranked until it fires up.

Even the remote start wont work.

On my brother truck it does the same, and now his brakes seem to not be working properly either, my brakes still work but I get paranoid every so often.

I ask for help because I know nothing as far as wiring goes, and I trusted my brother, and now regret letting him do it.

What's up buddy.. Do you have an aftermarket or stock stereo you were adding the subs to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats up boss, yeah its an after market one, and it was installed before I bought the truck.

I remember in my old Silverado I tried fixing the chickens nest, and it had bose stereo system and I just heard it was nightmares trying to install aftermarket stuff on them,

So on this truck I never bothered to mess with it.

Should be pretty straight forward if it has the right harness. Cant remember which one i purchased but it was pretty straight forward...As to what they hacked before you got the truck there's no telling. I added two 12's under the back seat with a amp wire ran straight from the battery and a remote turn on of the harness itself...if you have it this weekend i'll be in houston and will take a look at it if you still need some help.

Should be pretty straight forward if it has the right harness. Cant remember which one i purchased but it was pretty straight forward...As to what they hacked before you got the truck there's no telling. I added two 12's under the back seat with a amp wire ran straight from the battery and a remote turn on of the harness itself...if you have it this weekend i'll be in houston and will take a look at it if you still need some help.

Sure thing, ill bring the truck out boss.