Haynes Repair Manual?

Sickau29

I know this topic has probably been discussed at some point and time on this forum but i wasn't able to find it so i apologize for any duplicate threads. I was wondering if the regular Haynes Repair Manual for all models of the 1999-2006 Sierra/Silverado included the SS AWD and if anyone has found it useful in the past. Thanks

I've found Haynes manuals below average at best, though I haven't looked at one for these trucks. Best bet would be factory manuals but they are pricey...and they're still often not 100% correct or useful, but better than anybody else's offerings.

For 2003 Silverados, Helm has the manual set for $300. Bear in mind this is a monstrous stack of 5 books. You might be able to find used sets out there cheaper, but beware, sometimes the used ones are priced higher than new. Here's a listing for one of those, but it's also useful because it shows what's covered in each book. http://www.auto-repair-manuals.com/Chevrolet-GMC-2003-Silverado-Sierra-Sierra-Denali-Factory-Service-Manual.html

Richard

Yes the helm books are the bible. I always buy a set for my vehicles. I have not been able to find a nice cheap used set but I haven't looked hard either. I know this body style pretty good. It's nice to have torque values and some other info for those big jobs. Goto helminc.com for new ones. I occasionally check fee bay for used sets. Swap meets are another good place to look.

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)