Subwoofers 2-ohm or 4-ohm

adams2003

Not to get into too much of a pi$$ing match as to what is better, just remember you get what you paid for. On that note, there is a reason as to why you go thru the Audiobahn amps so fast. I am by no means a Rockford Fanatic but I will say this, they do make a reliable product for a great price, what you are looking at is a decent setup, I would go with the single 2 0hm subs in that application. and bridge the amp to 4 ohms mono sure the impedence might be a little different but you will NEVER hear the 1-3 db difference and your amp will be ALOT more reliable. Just so that people know where I am coming from, I have been a Car Installer for over 13years, I am an Install Mgr and have been for over 4 years and I have achieved Master MECP certification, the highest Mobile Electronics Certification that is available (MECP). Also I took 1st place at the USAC Finals in the 601+ Pro Sound Quality class in 2002. If anyone has any tech questions please fire away, Also if you are looking for deals on anything let me know and I will see what i can do for you guys.

Ever do any dB Drag comps? I got out of IASCA and USAC because they were so boring. I found the judges very subjective. I actually was acused of cheating when I hit a perfect RTA score! Needless to say I got into dB Drag which was great fun but now I am focused on life issues now :sigh:

I was able to take the 1999 dB Drag AMA world championship with just 2 15" custom built woofers. We moved to 18's DD's, larger enclosure, and some new amps and could do a solid 174dB official. We pushed the termlab mic upwards of 178dB unofficially. All at ~60Hz. High tones would trip the mic...>180dB

Our dB Records

Many of the new components for MMATS and Digital Designs were a direct result of our testing.

As for the original post for this topic: Do whatever you want. There will always be people telling you what to do when it comes to this stuff. My only suggestion is to avoid amps with a regulated power supply if you want to be able to drop the impedance in the future. A properly tuned enclosure is worth its weight in gold. Focus 90% of your energy there.

FYI The guy that had a BIG say in the technology at RF is now the director of dB Drag. Wayne Harris.

Have fun and good luck with your system. :thumbs:

Not to get into too much of a pi$$ing match as to what is better, just remember you get what you paid for. On that note, there is a reason as to why you go thru the Audiobahn amps so fast. I am by no means a Rockford Fanatic but I will say this, they do make a reliable product for a great price, what you are looking at is a decent setup, I would go with the single 2 0hm subs in that application. and bridge the amp to 4 ohms mono sure the impedence might be a little different but you will NEVER hear the 1-3 db difference and your amp will be ALOT more reliable. Just so that people know where I am coming from, I have been a Car Installer for over 13years, I am an Install Mgr and have been for over 4 years and I have achieved Master MECP certification, the highest Mobile Electronics Certification that is available (MECP). Also I took 1st place at the USAC Finals in the 601+ Pro Sound Quality class in 2002. If anyone has any tech questions please fire away, Also if you are looking for deals on anything let me know and I will see what i can do for you guys.

Ever do any dB Drag comps? I got out of IASCA and USAC because they were so boring. I found the judges very subjective. I actually was acused of cheating when I hit a perfect RTA score! Needless to say I got into dB Drag which was great fun but now I am focused on life issues now :sigh:

I was able to take the 1999 dB Drag AMA world championship with just 2 15" custom built woofers. We moved to 18's DD's, larger enclosure, and some new amps and could do a solid 174dB official. We pushed the termlab mic upwards of 178dB unofficially. All at ~60Hz. High tones would trip the mic...>180dB

Our dB Records

Many of the new components for MMATS and Digital Designs were a direct result of our testing.

As for the original post for this topic: Do whatever you want. There will always be people telling you what to do when it comes to this stuff. My only suggestion is to avoid amps with a regulated power supply if you want to be able to drop the impedance in the future. A properly tuned enclosure is worth its weight in gold. Focus 90% of your energy there.

FYI The guy that had a BIG say in the technology at RF is now the director of dB Drag. Wayne Harris.

Have fun and good luck with your system. :thumbs:

No offence to the DB types but I jsut cant get into the DB thing. I think there is a place for it, I just think that cars should look good and stay clean, not raw MDF walls! great scores though!

Archived