Want to buy 3 piece wing!

Sleeper4.8

Any one want to be the guinea pig for these plastic ones?? Look good in the pics, but the dont show how the ends mount.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-06-Chevy-Silverado-Sierra-Tailgate-Spoiler-Wing-SS-Intimidator-Tail-Duckbill-/331781124023?hash=item4d3fb22fb7:g:GtEAAOSwUuFWxQJd&vxp=mtr

Any one want to be the guinea pig for these plastic ones?? Look good in the pics, but the dont show how the ends mount.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-06-Chevy-Silverado-Sierra-Tailgate-Spoiler-Wing-SS-Intimidator-Tail-Duckbill-/331781124023?hash=item4d3fb22fb7:g:GtEAAOSwUuFWxQJd&vxp=mtr

I've seen the fiberglass and got rid of it there not worth wasting money on the stock oem are made out of the same material as these ones you found so I'm betting you'll have better luck with fit & finish get Carl's brackets on here and you'll be in business I used his brackets on the oem spoiler I found and they worked just as good as oem.

your gonna have to play with the winglets to get them perfect no matter what mount kit you get that's just the nature of the beast it's like bolting a fender on and making sure all your lines line up.

I would bolt it using Carl's brackets for the winglets and bolt on the center piece as it was designed to be bolted on I had to go to the dealership for the special wellnuts that go into the tailgate holes that are shaped like a stop sign that are under your stock tailgate cap as mine didn't come with them installed some regular Silverados came with a tailgate cap that bolts on but the tailgate cap they used on the SS model was double sided sticky tape so Chevy never installed them.

you can make your own install tool out of a bolt and nut at a hardware store for those special wellnuts with the nut screwed onto the bolt you then screw the nut and bolt into your wellnut then with the wellnut held into the hole hold the bolt with one wrench and tighten the nut against the wellnut until it's tight then back off the nut and remove both that will set your wellnut making it ready to bolt on your center piece of your wing you can also drill a couple holes on the inside side of your tailgate and install a 3-4 wellnuts to help hold it secure and tight to the tailgate but you'll need someone to hold a wrench on the wellnut inside the tailgate to keep the wellnut from spinning to get it as tight as it needs to be.

After the center piece was installed I also added locknuts to all the bolts&wellnuts inside the tailgate to prevent someone from easily unbolting it and walking away with my spoiler I also got a tailgate security piece that prevents you from taking off the tailgate without tools also preventing someone from stealing my shit it took awhile to fully install but I'm pretty sure they will give up before being successfully in stealing it bolting the winglets would also help prevent those from easily being removed and walking away.

I'm sure you're already thinking it but test-fit it 100% before painting it. Use some painter's tape to hold it in place exactly where it's going to mount up. You don't want to be out paint money AND not be able to return it, if it doesn't fit just right.

Richard