What did you pay for your SS?

spottedmango

First off, I am a newby to this site. Found it last night and I have gotten a lot of information in which I have been looking for.

I was under the SS forsale forum and people were going back and fourth about paying too much. I remember reading a few threads where people we claiming they got their 2004 SS (none close out, none special event) for less then $32,000.

The MSRP for a fully loaded 2004 SS is around $43,000 plus, how are people getting them for $32,000?

I got my 2004 SS for $33,000 out the door and I thought that was a badass deal.....The reason it was so cheap (at least I thought) was because it was a dealer demo (the owner drove it for a while), I got it with 4300 miles on the clock.

COME ON AND TELL US YOUR PURCHASE PRICE!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a victory red one at the dealership where I was driving Silverados before I bought mine, and they said they could go around $32-33 for the 04 in VR with just the usual test-driving miles.

It all depends on the part of the country- I am in the DC area, and trucks are hard to sell with all of the commuting, tight parking, and expensive gas prices.

What matters at the end of the day is that you get your money's worth- whatever you paid. I got what some have told me is a steal on my Silvy, and I am not the most keen negotiator.

Dont worry about it to much. I dont think that you could get the same deal that I did every day. My dealership owner also owns a Chevy dealership so I got the GMS price, 2500.00 rebate, another 1500.00, and another 1000.00 coupon in the mail that I used. Then on top of all that when I went to finance through GMAC again, they responded back with another 1000.00 off, I think that has something to do with the fact that I have financed 4 vehicles with them in the last year and a half. So on my deal the stars where alighned just right.

JOSH

I paid 28795 for my 05 SS a couple weeks ago. !!

JOSH

who did you buy from?...that is a great price, and i am deffinately in the market!

thanks

Tell me about, something's fishy with that price. Especially the 05s just came out not that long ago. He may have put down like $10000 and forgot to mention it to us or something. I don't believe that someone can actually get it brand new, especially the up to date 05 for almost $15000 under MSRP. Either BS, or knew someone on the inside.

Josh,

I have a question, you mentioned that you got Lojack, was this totally necessory?  Did you have the pre-installed OnStar in your truck? 

I guess I am overlooking the fact that not all trucks came with OnStar, so if you don't have OnStar, you will opt for Lojack.

After the first one being stolen,I was hoping if this one was stolen also and then dismantled one or the other it would give me enough time to track it down. Besides the Low jack lowers my insurance.

JOSH

Dont worry about it to much. I dont think that you could get the same deal that I did every day. My dealership owner also owns a Chevy dealership so I got the GMS price, 2500.00 rebate, another 1500.00, and another 1000.00 coupon in the mail that I used. Then on top of all that when I went to finance through GMAC again, they responded back with another 1000.00 off, I think that has something to do with the fact that I have financed 4 vehicles with them in the last year and a half. So on my deal the stars where alighned just right.

JOSH

I paid 28795 for my 05 SS a couple weeks ago. !!

JOSH

who did you buy from?...that is a great price, and i am deffinately in the market!

thanks

Tell me about, something's fishy with that price. Especially the 05s just came out not that long ago. He may have put down like $10000 and forgot to mention it to us or something. I don't believe that someone can actually get it brand new, especially the up to date 05 for almost $15000 under MSRP. Either BS, or knew someone on the inside.

OK JACK_ _ _... like I said above. The dealer I work for owns a Chevy dealership so I got the GMS price and then the REBATES that I put against the price so that is how!!! any other questions...

:nono::nono:

JOSH

Archived