Front diff rebuild in Tennessee/Kentucky

Front diff started making some noise changed the fluid and it shot a lot of metal on the magnet who does good work for a reasonable price around Clarksville tn area called one shop and they Told me 3200 I thought he was joking asked to speak to someone that works there he put his manger on and he said the same thing asked how much if I pulled it he said 2900 lol the place was a joke I don't really have time to even pull it my self anyways just looking for a good shop in the area

I use my truck as a daily driver so the couple hours it took to swap it out and be back on the road was worth doing the work myself instead of waiting days till a shop had time to get it done it wasn't that bad to swap

I bought the complete bearing kit for 100$ on Amazon and rebuilt mine myself. Use this guide http://www.truckmodcentral.com/forums/f168/rebuilding-gm-8-25-ifs-differential-**56k-beware-pic-heavy**-13813/

Even if you had to buy some specialty tools you'd still be money ahead

this looks like a a LOT of work i think it would be more beneficial for someone like me with one one vehicle(the ss) to order a rebuilt one then install myself

only adding my input cause im looking at some serious diff issues in my near future,got a lot of not very good mechanical sounds coming from the front end just like the last time i had diff issues getting to the point you can feel it driving,how long would it take to to a one for one swap with a refurbished unit? and if i did so would anyone be interested in my old complete unit ? thinking i could maybe sell it for more than what the core charge will be on old one