Hesitation while accelerating

73L48

Hi I've got a 2004 SS with about 130,000 miles and a K&N cold air intake. There are times when under hard acceleration that the engine stumbles. The only codes ever thrown are the small evap leak P0442.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

could be a number of things. Ive related to the same issue and it turned out to be simple as plugs and wires and another time was the fuel pump. I would recommend putting a fuel pressure tester on it and checking fuel pressure, check it at key on, idle, and then run it under your hood and tape it to the bottom of your windshield and go drive and watch it at wot. That's what I did when I found mine going out, just my 2cents. If you have hp tuners and it is dropping pressure bad enough you can see it in the o2 readings as well

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. I bought iridium spark plugs a little while back and have not had the time to change em.

I'll make that time soon and look the wires over pretty good too, clean out the MAF sensor.

I believe the wires are original with 130k on the clock. I am grateful that I'm not receiving the misfire code tho

Thanks again

no problem....yea if you have that many miles on them its time to change them anyway. I would definitely change plugs and wires, since your wires are that old and it never hurts to have a fresh set of plugs in there so your not hurting yourself doing that. If it still does it after that I would try the fuel checks.