DrLove38

Hello All,

Has anyone found any headlight / parking light replacement housings that either don't leak or fog up ?

My headlights have held up pretty well, but I'm on my third set of parking/signal housings.

OEM set lasted several years and second set from Ebay one started leaking. I managed to air it out and put duct tape around the wire plug ins. I figured out water was blowing in from drive through car wash.

Right when you drive in water blows up to clean under carriage.

They lasted about two years. I recently bought another set off of Ebay and one of them got a lot of water in it.

Bought a seven buck tube of silicone and stopped most of it. It was coming in by side marker light.

Sadly the SS models aren't the only Chevy/ GMC trucks with this problem.

Thanks for any ideas.

I've bought a couple sets of eBay. Weather proof exterior caulk and I put die electric grease on the wire where it comes into the plug and a small dab of silicone around the holes.. But it's still just a matter of time. I really don't mind spending the money once a year to have clears

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies.

For some reason I thought that you could not get OEM housings for these trucks.

I checked sponsor on here, GM Parts Direct and they have them so I'm going to order from them.

Not that much higher than some on ebay.