A few newbie questions

57peppershaker

Sorry Gents but a few non SS questions for ya

(please move if in wrong thread)

I want to fit a repro SS front bumper cover to my 04 LT.

Apart from removing the lower valance, will it just bolt over or will i need other parts ?

Can i fit the factory fog lights behind or in place of the lower mesh grills ?

The same for the rear, bolt over my stock LT bumper ?

Any recommended suppliers for repro covers ? Due to size shipping maybe expensive to the UK so id rather buy well 1st time.

Don't know on the front bumper cover; some others that have built clones should be able to answer.

Rear bumper cover does indeed simply go on top of the regular fleetside truck bumper, though there are a couple of small brackets that are part of this and they can be hard to obtain. Someone may have a pic of them and you could just fab your own; they're not complex.

Factory fogs will go behind the brake ducts; there was a post not long ago with pics of the simple brackets others have made to position them properly. If I can find it I'll edit back with the link.

OK, here's a couple:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/74126-fog-lights/page-2

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/63507-fog-lights-on-the-ss

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

On the front bumper, the aftermarket covers look like a direct re-pop of the originals. I guessing there's only 1 or 2 places in Taiwan cranking them out, and everyone resells them. Never heard about any fitment issues. Yes the front bumper bar is the same once you take the upper and the lower caps off, but there are 8 brackets that bolt to the bumper, and 3 that rivet to the cover to mount it. By the time you buy the cover, brackets, lower grill, brake ducts, and shipping, you'll have nearly $1K in the bumper before paint. You might be better off to get the street scene bumper, would be cheaper and less hassle.

I'm not aware of anyone making a re-pop rear cover. You'd have to find a used one. On that one, you should try to find someone with a complete bumper. If you try to buy the cover, upper and lower pads, license plate lights, corner brackets, and jack cover separate, you'll have big $$ in that one too.