Rear ended wtb roll pan

SSWhitechapel

This morning I got rear ended by a coworker of mine on the way to work. I got a quote from the dealership and they assessed the damage for $1800 including labor. Now mind you the hit was minuscule. Since I'm not trying to screw my buddy over, I want to go a different route and get a roll pan which would be cost efficient. I'm looking for a roll pan that was selling like hot cakes here in the forums. I've contacted the person who created them but haven't received a reply. If anyone can help with this ordeal it would be much appreciated.

Btw my truck is a 2003 SS AWD

Below is a picture of the hit. Spoke to several body shops and they keep reiterating that the metal bumper underneath the bumper cover is bended downwards. Getting the roll pan would completely fixed the issue because I won't have a need for one at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

839d7fd9f8cc74487b0f483d846f3700.jpg

Edited by SSWhitechapel (see edit history)

If you had a roll pan you'd be in even worse shape.

Your bumper cover looks intact and at the most you may have a few tabs broken off the step pad.

The actual metal bumper underneath is the same on the regular trucks and can be had even brand new for less than $200.

Just throwing that out there...I'm usually a fan of roll pans but I think they look a little odd on these trucks.

Richard

Maybe its time to let go of the SS... I see you have Texas plates, I know a person looking for an SS in Texas, he said with a grin fron ear to ear while pointing at hinself! Haha So good to hear your willing to work it out with a co worker, most people these days go overboard and want to get paid a check for being bumped... :/

I'm Texas born but currently in Fort Bragg because of the Army. To tell you the truth I invested to much time and money on my truck to let it go. That's why when I got bumped this morning I got out of my truck with anger on my face. Come to find out it was a person I work with. Also, just reenlisted and spent my whole bonus on fixing her up. She holds a special place in my heart.

I'm Texas born but currently in Fort Bragg because of the Army. To tell you the truth I invested to much time and money on my truck to let it go. That's why when I got bumped this morning I got out of my truck with anger on my face. Come to find out it was a person I work with. Also, just reenlisted and spent my whole bonus on fixing her up. She holds a special place in my heart.

Yeah I was just messing haha, Down here I see most people coming from florida, maryland and some washington that are in the service.