ISS Tailgate

UNA_06SS

Lower strip is the same molding as a regular SS; not unique to the ISS. If you can't find one used, you can search for new - part # is 15178282 - around $150 but it's been discontinued not too long ago. I was able to find one through Quirk Parts for $156 ($168 shipped) back around 8/2015 but they don't have it anymore.

And sorry to hear your tailgate got stolen...hope you're able to find a new wing without too much trouble or expense (good luck!) - I hear the fiberglass copies suck.

Probably a good time to remind everyone, cheap insurance to help keep your tailgate or at least slow them down long enough for your alarm to get your attention - Gate Keeper is like $30. Google gatekeeper part # 200420

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

Thank you for your reply. I have found the OEM Tailgate for the ISS with the wing (hopefully I didn't repurchase mine... lol) from Craigslist, but didn't have the lower molding. I have done searches online and you are right, it has been discontinued. I will continue looking for a used one and hopefully find one soon. I will be getting the tailgate painted soon and would like to include this part as well. I'm hoping someone from the forum will have one so I can purchase it. I will look into more security for this tailgate. Thank you

Edited by UNA_06SS (see edit history)

Thank you for your reply. I have found the OEM Tailgate for the ISS with the wing (hopefully I didn't repurchase mine... lol) from Craigslist, but didn't have the lower molding. I have done searches online and you are right, it has been discontinued. I will continue looking for a used one and hopefully find one soon. I will be getting the tailgate painted soon and would like to include this part as well. I'm hoping someone from the forum will have one so I can purchase it. I will look into more security for this tailgate. Thank you

I have an extra lower tailgate cladding, pm me.

Thank you guys. I purchase the lower cladding last night from this guy on offer up that had this 2003 Red SS stolen in march and found in pieces in April. He was parting what was left of it :(