WTB Cover for Spare tire key hole (Black)

CZBLK04SS

Was your's primed Matt? Mine looks like raw plastic although the ebay add says primed. I call BS. :icon_bs:

No mines raw plastic as well. I'm learning to paint and the paint shop I buy stuff from said I didn't "have" to prime small parts. You just use an adhesion promoter. It basically melts the plastic so the paint can bite to it. I still like to prime before I paint so I get a nice smooth finish. I bought a new XM antenna and some stake pocket covers I'm going to color match. I paint out in my backyard and it's too dang hot now so it's going to have to wait until the fall. Lol Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

No mines raw plastic as well. I'm learning to paint and the paint shop I buy stuff from said I didn't "have" to prime small parts. You just use an adhesion promoter. It basically melts the plastic so the paint can bite to it. I still like to prime before I paint so I get a nice smooth finish. I bought a new XM antenna and some stake pocket covers I'm going to color match. I paint out in my backyard and it's too dang hot now so it's going to have to wait until the fall. Lol

Body and paint is a good trick to add to your bag. I need to learn some of it too. (My 2000 silvey DD is rough. Good learning project.) I agree with you about priming too. I would rather go too far in prep than skip corners and have to do it twice.

The key hole door I got has a molding dimple on the face side and so needs a little fill prior to paint.

Thanks for the tip on the adhesion promoter. I had heard of it but have no real knowledge.

Body and paint is a good trick to add to your bag. I need to learn some of it too. (My 2000 silvey DD is rough. Good learning project.) I agree with you about priming too. I would rather go too far in prep than skip corners and have to do it twice.

The key hole door I got has a molding dimple on the face side and so needs a little fill prior to paint.

Thanks for the tip on the adhesion promoter. I had heard of it but have no real knowledge.

I would send it back or have them send you another. The cover should need work out of the box... mine doesn't.

This is the stuff I have used... was recommended by the PPG store I frequent.... I have used the aerosol can stuff.

http://kleanstripauto.com/products#bulldog

I would send it back or have them send you another. The cover should need work out of the box... mine doesn't.

This is the stuff I have used... was recommended by the PPG store I frequent.... I have used the aerosol can stuff.

http://kleanstripauto.com/products#bulldog

I'll see if they will deal with me on the part. I just figured that mine was as good as they get.

Thanks for the link. :thumbsup: