Rehabing my SS - needings parts

m_segger

First of all thank you for having this site and forum.

My SS is going to the body shop next month and I am needing salvage parts to help save money, I hope, instead of buying the parts from GM.

I am needing:

- Front Bumper

- Bed RT and LT side panels (no rust)

I have attach pictures of the what needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, rust has formed in the wheel wells.

Any suggestions to aftermarket parts would be greatly appreciated.

post-29035-0-78198300-1499978416_thumb.jpg

Edited by m_segger (see edit history)

Good luck man, I know some of the body parts for the SS are hard to find. You might have better luck though with a different thread title. Maybe create a new one saying "WTB _______" and just insert whatever parts you need.

I would buy a clean non rusty box form the south repaint it and transfer brackets and cladding. I would think you be cheaper than putting bedsides on and accociated body work. Front used bumpers are hard to find..... good luck on your search.

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

I would buy a clean non rusty box form the south repaint it and transfer brackets and cladding. I would think you be cheaper than putting bedsides on and accociated body work. Front used numbers are hard to find..... good luck on your search.

I agree, just find a local wrecking yard, or watch craigslist, they pop up on there all the time.

Description says has some rust above rear wheels..... his has that problem. Go south and get rust free.....

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

That front bumper is fixable. I'd rather have a repaired GM cover, than a aftermarket one the paint wont stick to. My front bumper was way worse, and it came out just fine after repair.