WTB OEM/Aftermarket Intimidator Spoiler

SSWhitechapel

Exactly what the title says. I'm looking to purchase an ISS spoiler. Personally I don't care if it's OEM or not, but if it's an aftermarket I would like to see pictures. On the other hand if you know where I can purchase one (i.e. eBay or a 3rd party seller) please let me know with any reviews you have for the spoiler. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avoid the Fiberglass ones Oem was Polyurethane I've seen aftermarket ones made with the Polyurethane material but I haven't seen anyone use them yet but if I was to try and get something that works I'd try those and use Carl's mount kit from the search on here you can find Post he has made to source the mount kit I used his mount kit on an Oem Spoiler I found years ago that are Long Gone by NOW.

I went through the Hassle of a fiberglass one that was COMPLETE GARBAGE before I spent a month calling what seemed like every part supplier to find a Oem Spoiler and back then the guy I ordered it from had said I was lucky because that was the last one they would EVER get.

Good Luck with your Search

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

Kills me when I see the lawn guy's work truck in my neighborhood that has an old Intimidator tailgate on it. Emblem/script still there, even the cladding strip, but of course the wing is long gone. I call his truck the Impersonator SS. :) He obviously just scored the tailgate in the boneyard, where an Inimidator once met its end...

impersonator.jpg

Irony: pic taken while driving my Intimidator, which I had to buy a replacement tailgate for, and add the emblem, script, and new cladding strip. Fortunately my wing wasn't destroyed when the truck was crashed.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

Kills me when I see the lawn guy's work truck in my neighborhood that has an old Intimidator tailgate on it. Emblem/script still there, even the cladding strip, but of course the wing is long gone. I call his truck the Impersonator SS. :) He obviously just scored the tailgate in the boneyard, where an Inimidator once met its end...

impersonator.jpg

Irony: pic taken while driving my Intimidator, which I had to buy a replacement tailgate for, and add the emblem, script, and new cladding strip. Fortunately my wing wasn't destroyed when the truck was crashed.

Richard

Wow! I don't think the owner understands how lucky he got with finding that tailgate.

Avoid the Fiberglass ones Oem was Polyurethane I've seen aftermarket ones made with the Polyurethane material but I haven't seen anyone use them yet but if I was to try and get something that works I'd try those and use Carl's mount kit from the search on here you can find Post he has made to source the mount kit I used his mount kit on an Oem Spoiler I found years ago that are Long Gone by NOW.

I went through the Hassle of a fiberglass one that was COMPLETE GARBAGE before I spent a month calling what seemed like every part supplier to find a Oem Spoiler and back then the guy I ordered it from had said I was lucky because that was the last one they would EVER get.

Good Luck with your Search

Thank you for the advice. You're absolutely right about the fiberglass spoilers. A buddy of mine ordered one off eBay and it came warped. I'll keep my hopes up, eventually one is bound to come up in the forums.

I knew some guys back in Florida that could make practically anything out of fiberglass. Mind you fiberglass guys in coastal Florida are dime a dozen, because of so much boat work, but these two were amazing. They built bodies at my brother's hot rod shop, and they had fit-and-finish that pretty much equaled factory steel bodywork.

Wish I was still in touch with those guys, and could get them an OEM wing to copy (without having to risk sending mine cross country.) They'd have been able to do a good job of it. Dunno at what cost, though.

Richard

I knew some guys back in Florida that could make practically anything out of fiberglass. Mind you fiberglass guys in coastal Florida are dime a dozen, because of so much boat work, but these two were amazing. They built bodies at my brother's hot rod shop, and they had fit-and-finish that pretty much equaled factory steel bodywork.

Wish I was still in touch with those guys, and could get them an OEM wing to copy (without having to risk sending mine cross country.) They'd have been able to do a good job of it. Dunno at what cost, though.

Richard

I would definitely buy one from them if you say they are good as they are with fiberglass. Maybe look up the shop or hit up your brother for a contact. In the end they would make a killing from all the post I've seen and the demand of the ISS spoiler.

• 2 weeks later...