Help with sale price

EVSSS

So Im contemplating putting my 05 AWD silverbirch SS with 66k up for sale.... only mods are Wheatley tune,intake and corsa exhaust along with 22 wheel. Last 8 years has been weekend only drives occasionally. Not even sure what the relative value would be realistically other then what KBB days and I dont go by that. Been a member for a long time and trust the opinions of people that might still be around on here. Let me know what you think.

if the truck was really taken care of, I could see it selling for more along if it fully loaded to the gills. My truck had every option possible and was a 2003, just turned over 65K and i was being offered 20 to 23K from dealers. But in my area you they are really hard to come by. There is a rust bucket abut an hour away from me that a dealer has with 95K 2003, less options and the carfax showed moderate front end damage from a utility pole.and they sold it for 16K. Thats with the clear coming off the the roof, tops of the doors, and rust.

There is a rust bucket abut an hour away from me that a dealer has with 95K 2003, less options and the carfax showed moderate front end damage from a utility pole.and they sold it for 16K. Thats with the clear coming off the the roof, tops of the doors, and rust.

There are more than a few posts on this site ridiculing asking prices for trucks with conditions ranging from junk to pristine...and truth is sometimes I agree, people ask nutjob prices for their vehicles. Other times I'm thinking wtf are these people saying...in one post a truck isn't worth crap, in another it's worth (more than I would think.)

In the example you just gave, I'd agree with you wholeheartedly. That rusty 2003 truck with bad paint wouldn't be worth half that price to me, but it was clearly worth it to -somebody- ...

To OP your truck sounds pretty nice but description lacks some detail. At 66K though that's fairly low mileage for the year. I'd start at 18K and leave some room for negotiation. Like others here have noted in similar posts, banks generally won't loan enough to cover the purchase so you'd need a cash buyer or someone that can easily supplement any loan with their own money. These days everyone just wants a payment which blows my mind as I hate paying interest on anything, all 3 vehicles in my driveway were paid for cash.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...