California Speedway on the 13th

SuperSport

I had a slight problem which precluded my attendance.

Ouch!! :eek: There has to be an interesting story to go along with that mess. Did that happen on the dyno?

Yes, as I was approaching 5900 RPM's....turns out I didn't know as much about gearing and drivelines as I should (3rd gear is 1:1 so 5900 engine RPMs = 5900 driveshaft RPMs, which can be problematic).

However, I wonder if my ignorance was outweighed and overruled by the dyno operator's ignorance/judgement. At 5900 RPMs in 3rd I was doing 140+ MPH, a speed at which some tires come apart. I've been told that the operator should have been doing a full-speed 2nd gear run instead. I didn't choose the gear, and he didn't ask, I just assumed he knew what he was doing.

But hey, who knows...all I know is I have some research and shopping to do. Any experience, knowledge or input is appreciated, as all I am doing right now is calling and talking with folks.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like the next california speedway isn't until Jan 22 2005. Naked AV that should give you enough time to get the truck back together, i really wanna see your truck. That should give everyone else that wants to go enough time to put it on there calenders. :thumbs:

Archived