Hand Held Tuners

RacerJJ

I'm sure this is a repost, but I looked and couldn't find what I was looking for... :repost:

Are these hand-held jobs such as the predator and what not worth anything? I want the best tune for a daily driven bracket racer, meaning I don't care how fast I go (although, getting out of the 15's would be nice), I just want consistency on the track and reliability on the street. I am leaning toward pcmforless, but I have been seeing some horror stories lately about engine lights coming on. I don't have time for any computer fries. Can anyone help??????? :banghead:

:ughdance:

handhelds =  :puke:

if you dont care about power why bother getting one at all?????????? :yellow_loser:

the only upside of a handheld is you can retard/advance your timing for nos.

Thanks...Of course I care about power. We all do or we wouldn't have sprung for the gas-hog SS! I want power and consistency, but more so consistency. Lead me to the promise land brothers! :D

I use pcmforless. With pcmforless and volant air box and ram tube i ran 15.065, 15.048, 15.003, and 15.075 (all the same night). After I put the gibson catback on i ran 14.879 and 14.861 (these two were from seperate trips). Only problem I had with the pcm is the quality of the gas from the station I usually went to. I switched gas stations and no more pinging.

Overall I would say that I am 100% satisfied with the work done by Bryan.

I use pcmforless. With pcmforless and volant air box and ram tube i ran 15.065, 15.048, 15.003, and 15.075 (all the same night). After I put the gibson catback on i ran 14.879 and 14.861 (these two were from seperate trips). Only problem I had with the pcm is the quality of the gas from the station I usually went to. I switched gas stations and no more pinging.

Overall I would say that I am 100% satisfied with the work done by Bryan.

Thanks a lot, just what I wanted to here. :cheers:

Archived