Discolored Reflectors

LSR Mike

Mine is still clear, but I have seen a discoloration like that when there is a void in the seal (when condensation gets inside of the lens). I would go and see your local friendly Chevy dealer and have then order you a new one...

• 2 weeks later...
Mine is still clear, but I have seen a discoloration like that when there is a void in the seal (when condensation gets inside of the lens).  I would go and see your local friendly Chevy dealer and have then order you a new one...

Our headlights, like most now days are not a sealed. They are vented. The reason it is this way is because it has air in it and when the bulb heats up it expands the air. Every one of them have a small vent for the air to come in and out. Yes at times it can collect condinsation, but it should go away. Usually the manufactures say it is normal unless the condinsation does not go away after the light has been on for at least 5 minutes.

I have seen a lot of headlights that have dry wax on them from buffing the truck, and combine that with heat, BOOM, discolored Headlight.

I bet the dealer will take care of you on this well!!

JOSH

Truck is doing great after the salt. It got a complete pressure wash (under carridge and all) with Salt-X from the Boat Store. Don't worry, I talked to a bunch of the "old Salts" who have been going there for years to find out what works. There is a particular Car wash in Wendover that caters to us, they even take the salt chunks that come off the vehicles (A TRUCK LOAD) back to the flats. I've got a list of stuff to be done to the Truck now, Tailgate Cables, Intermediate Steering Shaft, and now the DRL Reflectors.....

yah know what that happened to me yesterday. my bulb on the dpassenger side keeps going out. i look and the caps on each side for the low beams are discolored. also i looked and the connector on my passenger side is burnt. i think these bulbs are getting way way way too hot, or their is a short in my system

Archived