Oil pressure sensor location

Be sure to check the screen that goes underneath it as they often get crudded up.  Read where many people have replaced the sensor and it still didn't work because the screen was clogged.  Some replacement sensors come with a screen; the one I bought did not.. hoping I can clean the original screen up so I don't have to go get another.

Richard

It will be hard to see.  It is on the top rear of the block, close to the firewall. It is behind the intake and on the drivers side corner of the intake.  Get a haynes manual, it has a few clear photos of it and how to hook up a oil pressure gauge to get a clear reading.

Another thing that could be wrong is the instrument cluster. I have read the gauges can get wonky and need repair. I have not had any issues with my gauges (original owner) other than the gear selector display going dim.  I hear that is due to some solder cracks on some resistors on the cluster circuit boards.

Good lerd I did the oil pressure sensor today and sorry no pics.  You can google image search and you'll find lots but they'll generally be pics of the engine NOT in the truck, LOL..

My hand, wrist, and forearm are all chopped up now, but the gauge is reading correctly again and no more DINGDINGDINGDING LOW OIL PRESSURE DINGDINGDINGDING

Took working by feel, reach down behind the intake and carefully unclip then unplug the sensor, use a sensor socket with a u-joint and medium extension and you can do this from the top of the engine.  It'll suck balls if you have big hands, may be impossible.  I couldn't even see if the screen was in there for me to pull and clean or replace so I just rolled the dice and installed the new sensor.  Works great.

I guess it should go without saying but I'll mention it anyway, the top and driver side engine cover need to come off so you can reach the sensor.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)