ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!

r8rs4lf

With all of the questions surrounding this drop kit for our SSS, I thought maybe we should have one thread letting everyone know exactly what kind of results we have seen. I was thinking of listing what holes you have the leave springs installed in and some measurments after the drop kit was installed without turning the torsions and after.

1. What holes are the leaves springs installed into?

2. Front measurment, pre-torsion? (from ground to center of fender lip)

3. Front measurment, post-torsion? (same as above)

4. Rear measurment? (same as above)

5. Do you have the shackles and hangers installed?

6. What modification did you perform to the bumpstop or brackets?

Lastly, feel free to add any information that may be helpfull to others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's mine........

1. Both are installed into the lowest holes to the ground which I assume are the 1" holes.

2. 34"

3. 32.75"

4. 33"

5. Shackles and hangers

6. Removed the stock bumpstop and bracket for a 3/4" bumpstop mounted directly to the frame.

At first I had the leave springs installed into the 2" holes and the rear sat at 31". I do have a noticable vibration at 70mph, something I didn't have with the springs installed in the 2" holes. My bed bottoms out every now and then unloaded. I have removed my spare tire.

Late- Alex

i will have to look up the measurements for my truck..posted them some time ago...

but, when i first got my truck lowered i had the same bottoming issue. the truck was sitting on bumpstops. cut em down and mounted em to the frame and haven't had a problem since...

i have the shackles and hangers, installed through the 1" holes on both...for an effective 2.5" drop...for the front i didn't have to do any torsion adjustments. just the spindles...

i also had the vibration issue...but it did go away after while. so i wouldn't worry about that too much. took about 10k miles for it to go away though...if it bothers you that much..you can always just go either 65mph or 75mph... :D

Archived