Air Filter Kits

03BlackSS

Dont waste your money with the spacer, Volant makes a good kit, but i am sold on the UPD kit from www.ultimatepd.com I like their kits better, and it will be cheaper as well. Also I have owned both kits. You can make an air scoop for your stock air box very cheaply and easily, the volant one is overprived

Coincidently, I was talking to Magnacharger tech support yesterday, with some minor questions (they were rather easy to get hold of ). One of the questions I was asking about was about a whistling sound that I hear just as the blower whine starts to kick in. I was suspecting this was the bypass valve closing, and they confirmed that it was the bypass valve closing, and it is normal. They also asked if I was using an after market intake system, as they can make it louder, and they generally did not recommend after market intakes. I am not sure if that was simply to limit complaints about the bypass valve whistle noise or for performance/comparability reasons. The supercharger kit does supply an K&N filter for the stock intake box. I have not looked inside to see if it a square pleated type (like the stock) or a cone type.

Just looking at these intake systems, it seems they have tubes that shoot for the stock throttle body position, and the Magnacharger has the throttle body mounted to the side of the supercharger, so they would not fit. You would have to throw out the tube that came with the intake kit and just use the filter and box that it comes with, assuming you could get it to link up with the Magnacharger intake tube. Not sure if they are the same diameter.

vol_15853_inst_500.jpg

HPIM0329.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I went with the K&N system myself. Combined with the recalibrated Granatelli mass air sensor (from my 99), I honestly do feel a difference. I chose it due to the reputation K&N always had and the service / support I received from them when I was working on a custom intake for my mustang. Can't wait to the rain stops in the northeast so I can do some testing at the track. I bolted all my stock equipment back on so I have a baseline for my mods.

Archived