New Volant System

RacerJJ

Just in case anyone was wondering, the new Volant CAI (15153) for our trucks is awesome and, IMO, worth the $300 or so. I felt it in the SOTP meter and it looks bitchin' to boot. I think they finally got their S together and are worth another try.

:thumbs:

I am sure it's a good system but I think I would hesitate to buy it inless they make some good effort to satisfy customers who bought the old setup and actually lost performance. And maybe they are, I just don't know for sure. I know you pays your money and you takes your chances but I just think the "gains" on the old package were misrepresented. Just my $.02. :icon_bs:

I thought the only proven loses where with the CHP magazines Radix S/C'ed SS? I think the gains may have been bloated a little by Volant, but there is no getting around the fact that a conical air filter and and a box with larger air intake holes will gain some HP even if minimal.JMO

I thought the only proven loses where with the CHP magazines Radix S/C'ed SS?  I think the gains may have been bloated a little by Volant, but there is no getting around the fact that a conical air filter and and a box with larger air intake holes will gain some HP even if minimal.JMO

You may be right, Rdss. It just seems that if the box/filter were done right the first time Volant wouldn't be admitting they were inadequate and redoing them now. That and the crummy fit of the air tube on the SS have left a bad taste in a lot of their customers' mouths. :puke:

I am not one of them, but feel for them anyway :(

racerbubba: Did you also get the ram air tube? Does it line up with the front bumper air duct?

I'm going to order the new kit once I get my dealer info from Volant. Just signed up to sell their stuff :P

Later :thumbs:

Just in case anyone was wondering, the new Volant CAI (15153) for our trucks is awesome and, IMO, worth the $300 or so.  I felt it in the SOTP meter and it looks bitchin' to boot.  I think they finally got their S together and are worth another try.

I thought the only proven loses where with the CHP magazines Radix S/C'ed SS?  I think the gains may have been bloated a little by Volant, but there is no getting around the fact that a conical air filter and and a box with larger air intake holes will gain some HP even if minimal.JMO

You may be right, Rdss. It just seems that if the box/filter were done right the first time Volant wouldn't be admitting they were inadequate and redoing them now. That and the crummy fit of the air tube on the SS have left a bad taste in a lot of their customers' mouths. :puke:

I am not one of them, but feel for them anyway :(

yes, I purchased the ram air tube from dylanvonkleist and it matches up perfectly on mine. I have heard different reports from others about poor fit and tire rub, but mine is perfect with no tire rub.

racerbubba: Did you also get the ram air tube? Does it line up with the front bumper air duct?

I'm going to order the new kit once I get my dealer info from Volant. Just signed up to sell their stuff :P

Later :thumbs:

Just in case anyone was wondering, the new Volant CAI (15153) for our trucks is awesome and, IMO, worth the $300 or so.  I felt it in the SOTP meter and it looks bitchin' to boot.  I think they finally got their S together and are worth another try.

Glad to hear that the new system is good.

I won't buy one, just on principle... Volant never so much as responded to any of the calls, e-mails, or even the letter we sent them as a group. Had I known the new system was coming out I wouldn't have ordered the old one just a little over a month earlier. Oh well... I have something else in there now :D

Tbyrne: Could you email me your dealer cost? I've signed up to be a dealer and they sent my dealer pack out last Wednesday. I'm hoping to get it today, then I'll order a new kit for myself. Thanks for the pics!! sweet kit :cool:

Here ya go -

volant1.jpg

volant2.jpg

I didn't include the tube in these pics.

SSLink: I don't see that they made any changes to the tube.

SSThunder: You'll need to contact Carol to possible set up a dealer account. She can be reached at [email protected]. Not sure if we'll have something better than they are offering you. Just depends on the buy-in that you would like to do.

Archived