taking off door panel

SSilverado60

Hey i was planning on putting in my Boston Pro series 6.5" components and when i tried to take panel off, i was having trouble getting the panel that has all the window switches and everything off. I know on the pre 2003s you just pull it up and it pops out, but this one doesnt seem to want to do that. I dont want to break it so i decided to ask and see if anyone has done it yet. thanks

I just checked SI (GM Service Manual) and per the 03 GM Silverado service manual the power window switch panel removal is as follows:

1) Remove the front door trim panel.

2) Disconnect the electrical connectors.

3) Remove the screw that retains the switch panel bezel from the front door panel.

4) Remove the switch panel bezel from the door panel using a flat-bladed tool

Procedure change from earlier years in that you used to remove the switch panel before removing door trim panel and manual now states to remove trim panel and then remove switch panel.

Caution! Trim panel removal after preliminary steps now states:

Carefully slide the trim panel up in order to release the retainers from the door.

The Caution is my wording....just wanted to be sure you were aware of the lift up procedure and not the older model pry trim panel away from door.

Archived