Input about MTX 10' 8000&6000 series subs

SSThunder

Can't make my mind up. I'm looking at adding two MTX 6000 or 8000 series speakers to a down firing box. I know MTX uses the 4500 series in the thunderform, but how will the 6000 & 8000 sound in a SS? Comments please :banghead:

Can't make my mind up. I'm looking at adding two MTX 6000 or 8000 series speakers to a down firing box. I know MTX uses the 4500 series in the thunderform, but how will the 6000 & 8000 sound in a SS? Comments please :banghead:

these are both good subs, I would however look into the

new stuff. the 5500's are incredible for the cash. and if you want

something better go with the 7500 or the 8500. I personally will

be doing the 5500's 4 8 inch subs is what I am looking at for

firign down in my truck. let us know how it turns out.

these are both good subs, I would however look into the

new stuff. the 5500's are incredible for the cash. and if you want

something better go with the 7500 or the 8500. I personally will

be doing the 5500's 4 8 inch subs is what I am looking at for

firign down in my truck. let us know how it turns out.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into the 5500, 7500 and 8500 series. I've got to get ahold of my distributor to see if I can get the down firing box. I know the guy use to have them, but I've seen newer ones out that might work better. :thumbs:

I would consider something other than MTX.

I would stay away from MTX, unless you are broke, and they are free. :nono:

You know I had a football coach in High school one time tell us that " Opinions are like A$$holes, everyone has one and they all stink"

If that is your opinion of MTX I am sorry, There are a ton of other subs out there that are all good speakers and yes ID is one of them, and I for one have been using MTX for years, in fact I just happened to take FIRST place at the largest car audio competition in the country in 2002 using their equiptment. If in fact their subs were that bad then why was the 8500 12 named subwoofer of the year?

SSTHUNDER asked about the 6000 and the 8000, I recomended the new MTX stuff and you have no backing as to why "they suck" anyway I am off my rant now I hope to not stir up too many PO'ed people. If you need a deal on the MTX stuff let me know I can see what I can do. -C-

You know I had a football coach in High school one time tell us that " Opinions are like A$$holes, everyone has one and they all stink"

If that is your opinion of MTX I am sorry, There are a ton of other subs out there that are all good speakers and yes ID is one of them, and I for one have been using MTX for years, in fact I just happened to take FIRST place at the largest car audio competition in the country in 2002 using their equiptment. If in fact their subs were that bad then why was the 8500 12 named subwoofer of the year?

SSTHUNDER asked about the 6000 and the 8000, I recomended the new MTX stuff and you have no backing as to why "they suck" anyway I am off my rant now I hope to not stir up too many PO'ed people. If you need a deal on the MTX stuff let me know I can see what I can do. -C-

Thanks for the info fast4popper. I am checking into the newer stuff. I've been looking at some 5500, 7500 and 8500 series speakers. I'll probably go with the 7500 series. The 8500 are pretty expensive. Let me know what deals you can throw my way. Just email me at jsimpson@webfastbuys. I've got a small LLC business. Thanks again :thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks for the info fast4popper. I am checking into the newer stuff. I've been looking at some 5500, 7500 and 8500 series speakers. I'll probably go with the 7500 series. The 8500 are pretty expensive. Let me know what deals you can throw my way. Just email me at jsimpson@webfastbuys. I've got a small LLC business. Thanks again :thumbs::thumbs:

can you get me your address again? that doesnt seem to work.. I will see what i can do

Try [email protected] or [email protected]. Thanks again :thumbs:

can you get me your address again? that doesnt seem to work.. I will see what i can do

Try [email protected] or [email protected]. Thanks again :thumbs:

I really didnt look axact numbers but I could prbably save you 25-30% let me know if you are interested. or if you need exact $$$'s

Archived