Any professional welders on here?

ctrow

Just curious if anyone here is a professional welder on the site. I'm taking a night course at the local votech to get the basics so I can start practicing some. I'm curious what the job market is like out there for welders. My cousin has a welding business in the Antioch, CA area, but then again that's CA. You guys are too strict out there when it comes to modding your toys :nonod:

The desk job pays good but it's also really boring. Maybe there's a career change in my future...

Hey Man I did not know you are in to those kinds of things. Nxt time we meet up I can show you some of my projects. I took Chassis and Suspension fab when I was in Wyoming Tech. I have been doing a lot of metal fab on the side for years. Right not I have a jeep that I ahve built my own frame and suspension. I think there is a lot of need for good welding work.

JOSH

At some point, I'm going to be putting air bags on my 68' chevrolet. I figured I needed the skills to do it right. Granted my dad could do the welding for me but what fun is that?

Josh, I'm definitely into the chassis stuff and making it look good. I just don't know how exactly. It sounds like that course you took would have been good times for sure. There's nothing better to me than a nice clean painted chassis under a hot rod. It's all in the details.

At some point, I'm going to be putting air bags on my 68' chevrolet. I figured I needed the skills to do it right. Granted my dad could do the welding for me but what fun is that?

Josh, I'm definitely into the chassis stuff and making it look good. I just don't know how exactly. It sounds like that course you took would have been good times for sure. There's nothing better to me than a nice clean painted chassis under a hot rod. It's all in the details.

Man putting air bags in an older car would be a chore.

I will email you some pictures of the jeep and you can see some of my handy work. I sould have it don in about 2 months.

JOSH

Archived