Sport Truck Magazine: The SS

shawn_butler

Just picked up the July issue of Sport Truck. There are articles on the prototype SS' and the production one.

I have to admitt that finally someone has written an article on our SS' that is right on the money. :thumbs: They hit all of the pluses and just a little on the lack of power, but not too bad.

A must read.

I've got that one to. Wasn't a bad review, but did you see the 1/4 mile they ran? 15.7@86mph. That's a half second slower than Motor Trend and .700 of a second slower than Car & Driver's e.t.'s. Were they at 7000 ft. above sea level or what! :confused:

• Admin

I can't wait to get a press SS to drive up here. I want to see what i can do in the 1/4. :)

Those will be the acurate numbers. Many people do not know the trick of launching a full size AWD truck.

For example- when Jwest and i were doing some Gtech testing, he could only muster a 6.5 second 0-60 best. I got in and did a 6.3

Whats my secret?

hold brake HARD. Push throttle down 1/4-1/2 way, or untill you feel the truck "load up" and start to move forward. Push brake HARDER to keep it from moving!

Then, as you push the throttle down to 100%, release the brake as fast as you can. Then, just go for the long haul, moving the steering wheel as little as possible. :cheers:

I can't wait to get a press SS to drive up here. I want to see what i can do in the 1/4. :)

Those will be the acurate numbers. Many people do not know the trick of launching a full size AWD truck.

For example- when Jwest and i were doing some Gtech testing, he could only muster a 6.5 second 0-60 best. I got in and did a 6.3

Whats my secret?

hold brake HARD. Push throttle down 1/4-1/2 way, or untill you feel the truck "load up" and start to move forward. Push brake HARDER to keep it from moving!

Then, as you push the throttle down to 100%, release the brake as fast as you can. Then, just go for the long haul, moving the steering wheel as little as possible. :cheers:

that sounds painful :confused:

Looked at SportTruck.com and it looks like they use Los Angeles County Raceway based on photos of the "Lightning vs. the World" article on their website and a fragment of the address the domian is registered too.

LACR is 2,710 ft. above sea level.

To figure the altitude factor the formula is as follows:

ET: multiply your et (at LACR) by .97

MPH: multiply your mph (at LACR) by 1.03

This will give you the ET & MPH at sea level.

According to the LACR website.

So...

15.7 X .97 = 15.229

86mph X 1.03 = 88.5

This sounds more like it, and is close to my times at Carlsbad.

Archived