Electricity...

PVerspeek

I was checking the fuse box yesterday. Easy to open, and found following...

Now my questions.

1. I'm thinking of doing that Hi-Low beam connection, but would like to do it IN the box, instead of on top.

2. I'm going to install a rainsensor, for automatic wiper support. Where are the wiper wires?

3. More important, does somebody have a electrical scheme of the car? I can also find out by testing, but this will take a day, and that's something I don't have.

Chevy091.jpg

Fuse boxe opened.

Chevy092.jpg

How to remove the housing around the fusebox

Chevy094.jpg

picture taken under the box...

Thanks

Pascal

Also, the place for the Fog Light Relay is empty. But I guess the wiring should be ok then? So putting in a relay would already be a big part of the job. Then just finding the correct wires?

Chevy091a.jpg

Pascal

1. I'm thinking of doing that Hi-Low beam connection, but would like to do it IN the box, instead of on top.....

Actually, you can do this by the BCM connector inside of the vehicle, installing the diode by the wires that actually and ultimately connect to the hood fuse box. I'll try to follow up and get real details for the two wires.

I haven't been in the mood to research this better, but now is as good as ever. It only takes me five minutes to install the diode between the two relays is the reason why. Just did it to the '05 Z71 below in the .sig.

I'd scan in the info but the scanner is kaput.

Ok, pages 8-698 and 8-699 of the Silverado Service Manual (2003). BCM connector. There are two 24 pin connectors, with 12 pins on one row-A. 12 pins on one row-B.

A SIDE:

On pin A4, there is a Pink/White (A4) wire. This is the HEADLAMP LOW BEAM RELAY CONTROL. Tap into this Pink/White wire with the diode (not band end).

B SIDE:

On pin B1, there is a Black/White (B1) wire. This is the HEADLAMP HIGH BEAM RELAY CONTROL. Tap into this Black/White wire with the diode (banded end).

On page 8-693 of the same manual is a schematic. You will see the same Pink/White and Black/White relay connections at the left middle of the page. These are the relay legs that we solder to in the original under-hood fuse box project.

Summary:

Two wires by BCM connector: BLACK/WHITE (B1) and PINK/WHITE (A4)

Diode connecting the two wires, banded end of diode to BLACK/WHITE.

DISCLAIMER: I ain't responsible for anyone frying their wiring harness and this version of getting the 4 lights illuminated has NOT been tested or tried. We are at the mercy of the 2003 manual and its accuracy. Since I personally purchased this manual without a subscription to updates, I have NO IDEA if there has been updates or corrections to the manual.

There...........! Please don't fry anything. Let me know how this works.

Thanks !!!! :D

I'll give it a try one of these days. Have to spend some time with girlfriend and family because of that Christmas thing hanging around... :crazy:

So won't be :driving: a lot...

I'm not afraid of frying any wires. I've restaured already an old car, where I created a complete Electricity Cable from interior to all devices myself. So no problem man.. But thanks for the advice.

I'll post pictures of the whole proces..

Pascal

If you get the auto wipers working would you please post the instructions?

Thanks

Offcourse I will... I checked the site Lrymal supplied. Seems to be a good thing.

I've found a Bosch RainSensor, for 25 EUR, from a shop, without the manual. But that's not that important.

I guess the Bosch will do the same thing. So I'll order it, and I'll try to get it to work, in combination with the installation instructions from that other thing.

With pictures offcourse.. :)

Pascal

• 5 months later...
I was checking the fuse box yesterday.  Easy to open, and found following...

Now my questions. 

1. I'm thinking of doing that Hi-Low beam connection, but would like to do it IN the box, instead of on top.

2. I'm going to install a rainsensor, for automatic wiper support.  Where are the wiper wires?

3.  More important, does somebody have a electrical scheme of the car?  I can also find out by testing, but this will take a day, and that's something I don't have.

Chevy091.jpg

Fuse boxe opened.

Chevy092.jpg

How to remove the housing around the fusebox

Chevy094.jpg

picture taken under the box...

Thanks

Pascal

go to this site through autozone.com it costs to put your vehicle in but its got a sh*! load of info for your vehicle everything i think .locations of electical items , god alot of info

diagrams & schematics for all vehicles

6 months later... ;)

In the mean while I've ordered a workshop manual, bought a rainsensor, but still didn't find time to do the install...

As the manual is still on it's way, I'll wait for that arrival; before starting any changes.

Pics will follow.

P.

Archived