New tires in the near future

My front tires are like that to. But mine are inside on the tire, not outside. Mine are pretty low on thread, so I'll prob be replacing mine within the next few weeks. I do now the goodyear eagle LS what come on the trucks SUCK.. : puke: I think this is the worse tire I ever drove on.But some people may like them and some may not. It wouldn't hurt and try and see what they say about the crack in the tire. Give it a shot.

I guess it wouldnt hurt to try and take it to the dealer, it "Appears" to be a defect but you never know that they will say.

BTW, I agree with the above. The Goodyear Eagles are absolutly CRAP! I had them on my last truck and they came on my new one as well and I changed them out. On my current truck I changed them out with only about 50 miles on them. Went with the Toyo Proxies ST and Love em!

I guess it wouldnt hurt to try and take it to the dealer, it "Appears" to be a defect but you never know that they will say.

BTW, I agree with the above. The Goodyear Eagles are absolutly CRAP! I had them on my last truck and they came on my new one as well and I changed them out. On my current truck I changed them out with only about 50 miles on them. Went with the Toyo Proxies ST and Love em!

ok took it to our local Good year dealer and they said i had to have hit something because the crack was not straight :dunno:

i think if i would have hit something that hard the rim would be bent and its not

k i got these quotes all for 275-55-r20

cooper discovery H\T 769$ installed and free alignment is this good

michelin LTX 274.99$ a tire

cooper 169.99 a tire

kelly 204.99 a tire

well ill be looking online for some tires any recomendations guys please help

if anyone wants after i get new tires i will have a yokahama geolander with 3000 miles on it left over because the guy who i bought the truck from had a flat and decided to put that so i have 3 goodyears and one geolander

how many of you have these

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+UHP&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=

755VR0GRUHPXL&fromCompare1=yes&place=1&speed_rating=S&speed_rating=T&speed_rating=U&speed_rating=H&speed_

rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&minSpeedRating=S://http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...inSpeedRating=S://http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...inSpeedRating=S://http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...inSpeedRating=S

if i order them i will save about 200 bucks

Edited by brandt (see edit history)

ok took it to our local Good year dealer and they said i had to have hit something because the crack was not straight :dunno:

i think if i would have hit something that hard the rim would be bent and its not

If you did hit something to do that, there would prob be a mark on the sidewall or even on top if you ran something over. There just bs ya.

Goodluck

Like I said, I LOVE my Toyo's. I got them because allot of people reccommeded them to me and I cant be happier. Then again I got one heck of a deal on mine.

called around for the toyo proxes and there on back order for 2-3 months :banghead:

might go with the Yokohama Parada Spec-X Blackwall

could i bring it to my local Good year dealer and get a free one

You will wind up buying two new front tires, they look kind of thin to start with. I don't think Goodyear is gonna warranty that. I would do something about that real soon, that is an accident waiting to happen. :chevy:

BTW- Wash your truck! :nono:

called around for the toyo proxes and there on back order for 2-3 months :banghead:

might go with the Yokohama Parada Spec-X Blackwall

i'm realy happy with my humho ecsta stx's (305/50/20) there make a little bit of road noise but other then that they seem to be a realy good performing tire, and very stable.

i got them at america's tire center for $572 otd, there original price was $161 each, for a total over $750! :eek: but i got them to sell me them at cost for $120 each :D i'll verify it for you to if you decided to get them.. and america's tire has great warranty and replacment coverage included for free.. i compared it to tire rack and by the time you include shipping there prices were'nt any better, (more expensive actualy).

heres some pic's.

post-8665-1187401515_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1187401542_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1187401618_thumb.jpg

i'm realy happy with my humho ecsta stx's (305/50/20) there make a little bit of road noise but other then that they seem to be a realy good performing tire, and very stable.

i got them at america's tire center for $572 otd, there original price was $161 each, for a total over $750! :eek: but i got them to sell me them at cost for $120 each :D i'll verify it for you to if you decided to get them.. and america's tire has great warranty and replacment coverage included for free.. i compared it to tire rack and by the time you include shipping there prices were'nt any better, (more expensive actualy).

heres some pic's.

thanks for the pics imma look more into them theres just so many out there

You will wind up buying two new front tires, they look kind of thin to start with. I don't think Goodyear is gonna warranty that. I would do something about that real soon, that is an accident waiting to happen. :chevy:

BTW- Wash your truck! :nono:

yea imma get that fixed real soon

wash whats that lol

its been raining every day out here

i never know when its going to stop

weather man is always wrong

IMO, if a Goodyear tire center did warranty that tire, the tread is so worn they would pro-rate it and u would pay like 85-90% of the price anyway.

I hear good things about Discount Tire's 305/50R20 Road Hugger too..... Check it out on their website.

This tire would be larger, wider, and no recalibration would be needed. When ur truck speddo shows u going 60MPH, this tire would actually make ur truck be going 60.2MPH. That is pretty darn close to O.E.

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)