over-reving

BlackSS04

today i was going into 2nd gear and the gear didn't hit and it just kept reving higher. i let off for a second and then hit the gas again and it reved higher again and then the gear finally hit hard a second or two later. i had this happen to me before i put the shift kit in and i just want to know what causes this to happen? i don't like it one bit. is there any way to fix this?

Sounds like some transmission problems.. might want to get it checked..

Better safe than sorry.. right?

And for those of you that know me from other places.. i know.. .i know.. i need to get mine checked as well.. :(

Edited by Fallen.One05 (see edit history)

hmm i had a dealer fill mine up but he must of been like the lower ont he stick must be the fuller cause it was almost bone dry. I did have some overreving problems with a new tune i had i had to pull it up and change them. They were put over 6k I lowered them to under that. Dont know what to tell you besides get a new tranny

Unfortunately this is a known problem. Happens to me once every few months.

Mine as well. Typically does it when I'm just puttin around town, ends up shifting at 3500 or so instead of the expected 1800.

at least i know i'm not the only one, i'm guessing there's no fix for this.

Definitely not.

It almost acts like the TPS signal becomes unreliable and the PCM assumes a much higher throttle than is actually being commanded. Unfortunately, it's never happened while I've been logging (surprising considering I have a few hundred megs worth of logs of my truck...).

dam justin i never realized we both have almost the same set up( supercharged awd ss and a 2002 f body) great minds think alike.

but i did have a problem but its probably unrelated. when i would go wot i would command shift at 6200-6300 and would shift until 6500-6600 but i think it was because the dam engine would rev so dam fast, this is only in first gear too.

This happens to me a lot too. I also get times where the truck will shift in neutral on its own while the gear selector still shows it in drive.

this happened to me a while back too. it was shifting into second and the rpm's just got higher and higher to were i had to let off the gas. then i gave it a little throttle and it did the same thing for a second, and then grabs the gear hard as shit. it was similar to what just happened to me yeasterday. it really gets your adrenaline pumpin because you can't give your truck any throttle for like 5-6 seconds and your cruisen neutral. sometimes i think in those seconds if the truck will ever grab the gear at all and i'll just coast in neural untill i have to stop. :banghead: it's not cool.

Mine has done it a couple times in the last few months, but only in second gear....I punched it to pass an

18-wheeler last week and the tranny hung up and didn't shift into 3rd. I looked down and I was doing 95mph in second gear, and the tach was pushed past 6grand, sounded like it revved to around 6300..........I have it on video an will post it later. :driving:

doesn't it blow. people think i'm reving on them and they go flying by me thinkin i'm tryin to race or something. and while their going by me, i'm sitting there in neutral reving the hell out of the engine. its a funny scene. :crackup: :crackup:

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

dam justin i never realized we both have almost the same set up( supercharged awd ss and a 2002 f body) great minds think alike.

but i did have a problem but its probably unrelated. when i would go wot i would command shift at 6200-6300 and would shift until 6500-6600 but i think it was because the dam engine would rev so dam fast, this is only in first gear too.

:driving: Haven't driven mine in a month (It's still in CA while I'm in VA). But it has 3.73s w/auburn lsd, pa-racing k-member, spec-3 clutch, mti lid and magnaflow catback. Oh, and tuning. It's my EFILive course guinea pig though, so the tune isn't finalized... not even close.