Just ordered headers

Stiff1

I just ordered some new headers for my SSS. They are Bellanger. I know that most of you haven't heard of them, but the are probobly one of the best long tube headers available right know. They are a tri-y system instead of a standard 4-to-1 style. They should make alot more horsepower over a standard header. This is the same header that all of the viper guys run, and the comp coupe even comes from the factory with these. I will be posting all of my numbers before and after install by using a g-tech (all of the tracks are closed here). My question is, do I need to get a tune to run these, or will I be ok?

You won't need a tune for daily driving - just for WOT use. You should be fine for a while. My scanned data didn't change much after I installed mine.

You'll notice real nice gains throughout the RPM range. Stonger roll-on power on the highway, good midrange gains... I love mine.

I think you will gain more with a tune. Some other guy got headers, and an intake I think, with a tune and gained like 50 horsepower when he dynoed his truck.

What headers did this guy use??

Stiff1: Where did you get the Bellangers and how much?

I got the headers through a non supporting vendor so I won't say the name. You can pm me if you would like to know. The cost of the headers are $1350. I know that it is priced high in comparison to other headers, but the owner of the company swears that they will out perform any other header on the market. I figured that it is worth the effort to be the guinnee pig to see if they really do perform that well.

I just recieved them yesterday, but I'm not going to be able to get them put on until next weekend. I'll be posting results right away.

I got the headers through a non supporting vendor so I won't say the name. You can pm me if you would like to know. The cost of the headers are $1350. I know that it is priced high in comparison to other headers, but the owner of the company swears that they will out perform any other header on the market. I figured that it is worth the effort to be the guinnee pig to see if they really do perform that well.

I just recieved them yesterday, but I'm not going to be able to get them put on until next weekend. I'll be posting results right away.

Stiff1: I'll PM you about the headers.

Post results ASAP when you get them. Headers will most likely be my next big mod. Will this void my warranty?

:confused: Just did a search on Bellanger Headers and found a thread stating that there's a scam! That someone is selling Bellanger Headers and there not the real Belanger Headers, do a search on Yahoo for Bellanger Headers. Just an FYI.

I just ordered some new headers for my SSS.  They are Bellanger.  I know that most of you haven't heard of them, but the are probobly one of the best long tube headers available right know.  They are a tri-y system instead of a standard 4-to-1 style.  They should make alot more horsepower over a standard header.  This is the same header that all of the viper guys run, and the comp coupe even comes from the factory with these.  I will be posting all of my numbers before and after install by using a g-tech (all of the tracks are closed here).  My question is, do I need to get a tune to run these, or will I be ok?

Just did a search on Bellanger Headers and found a thread stating that there's a scam! That someone is selling Bellanger Headers and there not the real Belanger Headers, do a search on Yahoo for Bellanger Headers. Just an FYI.

I have talked to lou bellanger myself and I have also recieved the headers with there name plaque on them. I know that these are real.

A lot more over a standard long tube header? I can see a few hp, but not a lot. Against another long tube

I will know soon, I plan on putting them on this week if I can get to it. I will be posting all of the results of before and after, so if they don't work as well as they claim, then everybody will know.

i'd recomend getting a tune. headers quite often will set check engine lights on a regular basis with the stock programming as well as not getting nearly as much gain out of the headers without changing the timing and fuel mapping.

Archived