My exhaust

Krambo

Well, went with ASM headders going into high flow cats to "X" pipe, 2 flowmaster 40 series delta flows and finally exiting right before the passenger side rear tire. I cut the side of the truck for a recessed look. Did the whole thing in stainless. Very noticeable gains...and of course the tone :D

Anyone want to host my pics?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about a sound clip.

I was thinking about doing the same type of system what size of pipe did you use 3'' 2.5''? And also how much did your system run you. Did you do it your self?

Thanks big tex. I will send them to ya by tomorrow.

I used 2.5" T-303 stainless to prevent losing torque. I already had the FM 40's (stainless) and to reduce cost I opted to go out the side. It really looks like a lightning set-up! :( Here is the breakdown:

Headders: $750

Cats: $220 x 2

stainless tube stock: $350

Tips: $50

I had Mufflex do the welding and bending to my spec. If ya add everything up it is close to $1800. I could have done it for half that but I went with stainless and kept it legal with high flow cats. I also wanted everything to tuck up under real well so I went out the passenger side (gas tank is in the way on the other side). It was tough to get the grinder out and cut the side of my new truck :sigh: but the results were worth it! :thumbs:

Very cool system Krambo!! How is the resonation from inside the cab since the tailpipe exit is now closer? Did the ASM headers come powder coated? Sorry about all the questions.... :crazy:

The drone in the cab is actually less than my 99 5.3L with a split rear dual flowmaster set-up. I just sent the pics to BigTex. I will explain after you see them.

Oh man, sorry for the delay. Uhhhh, I got hit by a bus, then ummm, I forgot my way home, and........... (just kidding)

Nice install Krambo. I think the tips look good. Calipers too, it just needs some larger rotors.

(these are Krambo's pics, I'm hosting them)

k9.jpg

k0.jpg

k1.jpg

k2.jpg

k3.jpg

k4.jpg

k5.jpg

k6.jpg

k7.jpg

k8.jpg

I got hit by a bus you are joking right :confused: if so sorry for you hope you weren't in your SS :nonod:

Krambo How does it sound at cursing speeds is it loud or does it mellow out so that it is not annoying. Also is it really aggressive when you mash it to the floor.

Archived