My exhaust

Krambo

Still very interested in what it has done for you performance wise. Do you have a track available to you? G-tech? I'd appreciate anything you could pass.

I can run a best of 14.4?? (can't remember the exact # off the top of my head). The exhaust got me on average a high .3 - a low .4 in the quarter. Combined with the 160 thermo, K&N FIPIK intake, Granatelli mass air, synthetic oils all around, electric fans, iced down manifold and some weight reduction (no tailgate, low gas, no spare and jack) it yielded me the mid 14's :thumbs: Island Dragway - Great Meadows, NJ

Computer and torque converter are next. Should pick up .2-.3 with those.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:chevy:

well the SS goes in friday for the new exhaust sys. going with flowmasters true dual. buddy of mine who owns a shop owes me a favor or two and is doing the job for 100.00 bucks which is great on the wallet and even better for the other half who thinks i spend too much money on the truck.

i am putting in a volant induction sys in on the same day (closed box) w/ a custom ram air line and particle separator i got from maint division that works on the plane i fly. hose will be about 2 1/2 diameter routed through the lower brake cooling vent on the rt., should be a fairly easy application i hope. :cheers:

got to get it all done for hot august nights here in Reno nevada. I will be in the parade with multi generation SS's. For all you gearheads and car buffs out there, if you have not been to reno for hot august night i highly reccomend it. its really a great time. Not to mention i would like to talk to another SS owner and compare trucks. as there are no other SS owners here in Reno. I have the only one for the time being, which is sweet!

for any one intrested inchecking out the info on hot aguat night : go to

http://www.hotaugustnights.net/

it really is a great car enthuasisats dream week!

r/

~Vman~ :thumbs:

:cheers:

benkey,

I cant speak of one in my SS yet, but when I got it on my 02 Tahoe it made an incredible difference. Especially gains while towing my boat and definitley everyday driving throttle response. i really think the best gains are in the changing of the shift points as that make all the diffenrence in the world (to me) when towing.

I also had them change my red line on my tahoe which gave me a little more as well.

As for the SS I whish I could have got in on a group buy with you guys. I am going to order the pcm in september.

r/

vman :chevy:

:jester:

rdnlow135,

yeah my tahoe was pretty quick, but i definitley got my money out of it on the trade in for the SS. The dealership gave me 31K for her plus 3k in rebates for the down payment total of 33K. :chevy:

Man, a $40k truck traded in on another $40k truck the very next year. I am definitely in the wrong line of work. :(

By the way, a group buy has not been arranged yet with the wester's. Stay tuned though, I'm sure it's coming as soon as the '03 chips are more available. We hope. :D

Dang.. the guy that got your tahoe is some kind of lucky.. hes going to wonder why his will outrun everyone elses...

That’s the same thing I think about whoever bought my 00’ Silverado...headers, exhaust intake thermo, electric fans pulleys and Hypertech programmer all traded in for the SS…I left the truck programmed as well. :uhoh: Whoops…oh’well someone got a great buy anyways… :thumbs:

doesn't that seem a bit high? ed wright is only 450....

zippy, Is this guy setup as good as wester? I noticed that he is here in the USA instead of Canada and the shipping would probably be better. Thanks for any info on FastChip that you can share with us.

you mean you haven't heard of ed wright? from the world of programming gm's he's thought of like lingenfelter with gm's. everyone i know with ed wright programming has been more than happy with the results.

:cheers:

THANKS FOR THE INFO BENKEY, I THOUGHT YOU ALL HAD ALREADY PLACED AN ORDER FOR THE PCM'S. I WILL MOST DEFINITLEY WAIT TO SEE IF WE CAN ARRANGE SOMETHING LIKE THAT!

BESIDES I AM PUTTING THE EXHUAST AND VOLANT INTAKE ON TOMARROW. I AM GOING TO RUN THE EXHAUST OUT IN FRONT OF EACH REAR TIRE. I HOPE IT COMES OUT OKAY? :eek: I WILL POST SOME PICS IF I EVERY FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO SO, ONCE THE JOB IS DONE.

R/

VMAN

BESIDES I AM PUTTING THE EXHUAST AND VOLANT INTAKE ON TOMARROW. I AM GOING TO RUN THE EXHAUST OUT IN FRONT OF EACH REAR TIRE. I HOPE IT COMES OUT OKAY? :eek: I WILL POST SOME PICS IF I EVERY FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO SO, ONCE THE JOB IS DONE.

R/

VMAN

FYI, I was going to do that design however, the gas tank is on the driver's side and the exhaust will hang real low. I am always a little leary about routing hot exhaust near the fuel lines anyway. When I measured it out it was going to look very unsightly having all the pipe hanging down where you can see it. I like it tucked up as high as I can get it. I even cut the body to allow for more room for the exit. I would love to see your results! Did you choose tips yet? :pop:

Archived