Lowered my SS

Dale

I had my truck lowered today at a shop here in Portland. They used a DJM kit on the rear (hangers and shackles) and turned the bolts on the front. Got 2"on the front and 3" on the rear.They had to modify the cross member to allow room for the drive line to travel up a little further.They put it up on the alinement machine and I paid them $600.00 and away I went. I have not noticed a change in the ride at all yet! Will report later after I get some miles on her. What you think? :D:cheers:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dale, first let me say that it looks pretty good. I definitely like it :thumbs:

However, if I had done it, I would have only done 2 or maybe 2 1/2 in the rear.

It looks like it still has the reverse rake going on. So far every SS I have seen has it.

Allright guys, I was just making a comment. Please don't think I'm doggin' Dale. I don't want another incident like we had with Lee. Please.

BTW Dale, I like how the paint from the parking lot reflects off of the truck. It's nice!!!

It looks like it still has the reverse rake going on. So far every SS I have seen has it.

How the hell do I get rid of that? My stock SS looks like that just a little bit. Though in the picture below, the rear looks slammed.LOL. I hate that.

I had my truck lowered today at a shop here in Portland. They used a DJM kit on the rear (hangers and shackles) and turned the bolts on the front. Got 2"on the front and 3" on the rear.They had to modify the cross member to allow room for the drive line to travel up a little further.They put it up on the ailment machine and I paid them $600.00  and away I went.  I have not noticed a change in the ride at all yet! Will report later after I get some miles on her. What you think? Sorry about the picture I will get a better one done later. :D  :cheers: 

Looks Nice Dale, samething I did except I went with BellTech. I'm not sure about the cross member issue though. I didn't do anything to the CM and it looks like there is still 4-5 inches of space between the driveshaft and the crossmember. I'll take another look.

How do you feel about ride quality? I think mine rides smoother that it did prior to dropping it. :D

Dale how much do your wheels weigh? Tlook very nice on a red truck just imagine how good the would look on the fastest color....Black

:thumbs:

I had my truck lowered today at a shop here in Portland. They used a DJM kit on the rear (hangers and shackles) and turned the bolts on the front. Got 2"on the front and 3" on the rear.They had to modify the cross member to allow room for the drive line to travel up a little further.They put it up on the ailment machine and I paid them $600.00  and away I went.  I have not noticed a change in the ride at all yet! Will report later after I get some miles on her. What you think? Sorry about the picture I will get a better one done later. :D  :cheers: 

Looks Nice Dale, samething I did except I went with BellTech. I'm not sure about the cross member issue though. I didn't do anything to the CM and it looks like there is still 4-5 inches of space between the driveshaft and the crossmember. I'll take another look.

How do you feel about ride quality? I think mine rides smoother that it did prior to dropping it. :D

Dale how much do your wheels weigh? Tlook very nice on a red truck just imagine how good the would look on the fastest color....Black

:thumbs:

MN C5, The ride doesn't seem to have been affected by the lowering. I've haven't put many miles on yet so time will tell.

I'm not sure how much the wheels weight. They don't list any specs on their web site. I'm Sure they would look great on your Black Truck! :D:cheers:

Speaking of black being faster.

I told a friend of mine(yes she's a girl) that the optical properties of black made it faster than any other colors. Then by putting on wax it made it even faster.

I ended up telling her the truth but I had her going for awhile. She said it sounded good because I was using technical terms like 'optical properties'. :lol:

Anyway....

Nope, she's a redhead. Funny thing is she used to drive a 95 formula that was black.

Never saw the commerical but I can imagine. Besides shaving the legs is for road rash anyways. Not for aerodynamics.

dale, i just spoke with bell tech and they told me that the reason they did not make a lowering kit for the truck was that the drive shaft hit the crossmember with the 6400 shackle kit. can you take pictures of the trucks driveshaft to crossmember clearence. i would really like to lower the truck but i do not want to waste my time doing it or have drive line issues.....thanks, brent [email protected]

dale, i just spoke with bell tech and they told me that the reason they did not make a lowering kit for the truck was that the drive shaft hit the crossmember with the 6400 shackle kit. can you take pictures of the trucks driveshaft to crossmember clearence. i would really like to lower the truck but i do not want to waste my time doing it or have drive line issues.....thanks, brent [email protected]

Hey Brent, I'll try to get you some pictures of the cross member that they modified. You might want to talk to MN C5 he used a BellTech kit and said he had no problems with the drive shaft clearance. I'm gonna go get some pictures! Hope I can get under there. :D:cheers:

Dale, I have to say, the more I look at the 'Give me a ticket' Red, the more I like it. It helps that you've put some time into it.

Granted I'm not about to give up the black but I can appreciate others too. Yes even the blue... :cheers:

How the hell do I get rid of that?  My stock SS looks like that just a little bit.

just run a slightly taller rear tire, I run a 275/45/20 in front an a 285/50/20 in the rear it gives a nice rake... this is with a 2/4 drop... :cheers:

Archived