Lowered my SS

Dale

Has anyone had an issue with the driveline touching the crossmember prior to lowering? With all of this talk of lowering I figured I would give in as well and lower mine. I got under my truck the other day and noticed that the clean aluminum driveline had a black ring all the way around it. It has only had one load in the bed and it was my race bike and a couple of other items like a small toolbox. I figure that the total load would have been at most 500lbs.

Doesn't this seem a little odd that the driveline would touch the crossmember with a 500 lb load? I would like to see pictures of anyone that has modified the c/m so I may duplicate it.

Thanks Wizard

I had the same black markings on my drive line before lowering my truck. I have never had any kind of load in my truck.

Here's a picture of my cross member after the shop modified it while lowering my truck.(Sorry the picture isn't very good) Hope this help's! :cheers:picture_012.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, Dale. :cool: What did you have to do to get in there and take that pic? :D

First I had to lose 20 lbs! :jester: Then I got my floor jack out and jacked it and reached in and snapped a picture or two. I just held the camera up there a snapped away, hoping to get in the right place. :D:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Dale that red SS looks hot . I want to lower my ss. I talked to DJM , and they said they dont have kit for the SS. I would like to know what part # s where used on your truck. Maybe if I had the name of the shop I could call them. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Hey Dale that red SS looks hot . I want to lower my ss. I talked to DJM , and they said they dont have kit for the SS. I would like to know what part # s where used on your truck. Maybe if I had the name of the shop I could call them. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Big01, You've got mail! :D:cheers:

Wish we lived closer, Dale. I like taking my mo'sheen to places I trust. I'd love to have it lowered at the place you went to and then I'd take you up on that cold beer while I waited.

Wish we lived closer, Dale. I like taking my mo'sheen to places I trust. I'd love to have it lowered at the place you went to and then I'd take you up on that cold beer while I waited.

Lee, your welcome any time you feel like making the trip! Plenty of cold BEER up here just waiting for you! :D:cheers:

• 1 month later...
Has anyone had an issue with the driveline touching the crossmember prior to lowering? With all of this talk of lowering I figured I would give in as well and lower mine. I got under my truck the other day and noticed that the clean aluminum driveline had a black ring all the way around it. It has only had one load in the bed and it was my race bike and a couple of other items like a small toolbox. I figure that the total load would have been at most 500lbs

I looked under mine today. I have that same black ring. New truck with on 48 miles on it. No hauling yet. Must be something that happens during assembly.

I turned my torsion bolts 4 turns last night.

Gave it a little better rake.

0.jpg

I need a better pic, this one is kinda fuzzy

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same black wax ring on my driveshaft from the crossmember. I noticed it when I was having my Flowmaster welded on. I am guessing it is from when the vehicle was transported because I have not carried anything in my truck and I had the muffler put on after less than 500 miles on the odometer.

Archived