Lowered my SS

Dale

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you have any tire rubbage problems???

Tire rub was a big concern of mine when I talk to the owner of the shop that lowered my truck. He assured me that there was no problem at all. Happy To Report NO tire rub! :D:cheers:

Dale,

That thing looks awesome, son. I really like that. Your new sig looks good (and shinny) too. :D You mentioned that you could not tell any difference in ride quality. I am REALLY surprised as that is usually the thing that suffers most. If you can drop it that much and not get a harsher ride I may consider doing it. too.

You also said you have no tire rub. What size are you running, Dale? My new tires are now 305/45/22's. Tire height is 32 inches.

Dale - Any plans on going with a different shock? You say you haven't notice any difference in ride quality, yet?

BenKey, I had a talk with the guy who did the lowering about upgrading the shocks and his opinon was there are alot better shocks out there, but the stock ones were just fine. Maybe after a few more miles I'll change my mind and throw some better shocks on, but for now the ride is just fine. :D:cheers:

Dale,

That thing looks awesome, son. I really like that. Your new sig looks good (and shinny) too. :D You mentioned that you could not tell any difference in ride quality. I am REALLY surprised as that is usually the thing that suffers most. If you can drop it that much and not get a harsher ride I may consider doing it. too.

You also said you have no tire rub. What size are you running, Dale? My new tires are now 305/45/22's. Tire height is 32 inches.

:cheers: Hey Lee! Thanks for the compliment :D The quality of the ride was a concern when I decided to lower,and had a long talk with the guy who did the job. He convinced me it would not change the ride much if any. I'm telling you the truth :wtf: in my case the ride was not effected by the lowering. I ask my wife if she felt any differance in the ride and she said no. I'm still running the stock tires!

Has anyone had an issue with the driveline touching the crossmember prior to lowering? With all of this talk of lowering I figured I would give in as well and lower mine. I got under my truck the other day and noticed that the clean aluminum driveline had a black ring all the way around it. It has only had one load in the bed and it was my race bike and a couple of other items like a small toolbox. I figure that the total load would have been at most 500lbs.

Doesn't this seem a little odd that the driveline would touch the crossmember with a 500 lb load? I would like to see pictures of anyone that has modified the c/m so I may duplicate it.

Thanks Wizard

Has anyone had an issue with the driveline touching the crossmember prior to lowering? With all of this talk of lowering I figured I would give in as well and lower mine. I got under my truck the other day and noticed that the clean aluminum driveline had a black ring all the way around it. It has only had one load in the bed and it was my race bike and a couple of other items like a small toolbox. I figure that the total load would have been at most 500lbs.

Wizard:

I have the same concern with lowering my truck; I also haul a bike around. I was thinking instead of lowering the truck to put 22” wheels on it instead…also I have 305-50 R20 tires on right now and my concern with lowering the vehicle now is tire rub.

Archived