Exhaust is in w/ e cutouts

04CHASE

After having my exhaust set up sit in the garage for about 3-4 months i finally got around to putting it in. I went with pacesetter LT headers magnaflow mettalic cats(59559) , Doug's e cutouts ( really nice) and a magnalfow muffler(dual in out 3 with x pipe) im pretty happy iwth how it came out. i have about 1500 into the whole thing so it wasnt to pricey. i reused two SS tips out the side. I had a local shop well known for nice exhuast work do it and they did a nice job imo. here are the pics

DSC01713.jpg

DSC01714.jpg

DSC01715.jpg

DSC01716.jpg

DSC01717.jpg

DSC01718.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSC01719.jpg

DSC01720.jpg

DSC01721-1.jpg

DSC01722.jpg

DSC01723.jpg

DSC01724.jpg

Now it does sound a bit quieter than the old setup( magnaflow 2.5/2.5 in out with x pipe, and crappy bends done by a hack, tog headers and stock cats) but when im on it it sound a bit deeper and about the same loudness but maybe a little more, i havent wired the cutouts yet so i dont know how it sounds with the post cat. on the way down there it was great to see the look on peoples faces as i passed them with no pipes ,open header. :devil:

Now it is regular steel so i know it will rust, does anyone know of a high temp paint that will stay on it without flaking( im looking for a matte black)

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

Nice Chase... what are you using to fertalize and water your money tree b/c obviously its growing faster than mine :jester:

Seriously... where did you find the Dougs cut outs and how much were they?? I've been looking for the guillotine style cut outs but all I can find are the damn QTP ones.

Man that is NICE :thumbs: Exhaust paint - I've used the Eastwood company header paint and if you prep well it lasts a very long time, like years. I sandblasted my pipes and used the silver, it looked just painted for at least 4-5 years.

Mr. P. :)

That looks awesome chase.  nice job by the shop out there.  :thumbs:  I have to say it though, That going to be a PITFA to take the tranny out of.  Maybe think about jet hot coating the system.  that will make it last forever

I thought about that too, but it looks like there is also another joint just in front of the cutouts so I think it should come apart to get the tranny out pretty easy.

That is definately something to think abouyt when doing this. I would hate to have a custom exhaust done each time you need tranny work. :nono:

Looks great Chase!